Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
This role is responsible for provision of finance and accounting support related to forecasting/reporting, analysis and accounting for our services business in APAC, especially on ASEAN and Australia. This role is also serves as the finance business partner to the services team in terms of reporting and analytics of the APAC services organization.1. Monthly financial review
• Review of financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income statement), including trend and variance analysis.
• Review of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliation accounts.
• Review of Project Profitability and Revenue.
• Involvement in reviews of new contracts and opportunities.2. Reporting, Forecasting, and Analysis
• Producing accurate financial reports to meet deadlines.
• Monitoring and analysing cash flows and predicting future trends.
• Ensure that monthly reporting packages are prepared, analyzed, and submitted to relevant parties timely for review and approval.
• Prepare financial dashboards for submission to Regional / Corporate team on monthly basis.
• Participate in preparation of annual operating budgets.3. Operational Support:
• Act as advisor on accounting and project related coding for all services revenue, costs, provisions, accruals, etc. in line with services contracts and Company policy and procedures.
• Review and approve of monthly payroll.
• Collaborate with Regional and Corporate Tax Team on tax planning and review exercises.
• Collaborate with APAC Controllership team and Corporate Treasury on Treasury Management activities and initiatives for the APAC Region.4. Statutory Compliance
• Ensure compliance to all statutory matters and maintain a Statutory Compliance Dashboard for review and monitoring.
• Lead and manage statutory financial audits from planning to sign off and finalization of audit reports.
• Review and approve of reconciliations for JSOX compliance purposes.
• Review and update of JSOX narratives and control documents.
• Support JSOX audits.5. Other ad hoc activities including but not limited to:
• Participation in forecast meetings on specific projects with Client Director
• Supports Project Managers/ Client Service Directors on ad hoc inquiries or reports.
• Support Collection Teams (KRK and KL) in resolving collection issues on invoices not paid or aged.Interacts with the following teams:
• Local, Regional, and Corporate Finance and Operations
• Global Finance Shared Services
• Financial Planning and Analytics
• Internal and external auditorsQualifications
• Qualified Chartered Accountant or CPA or an equivalent accounting qualification
• 5-8 years' experience post qualification
• Strong knowledge on accounting and data analysis. Experienced in financial analysis and modelling skills would be an added advantage
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to objectively analyze and resolve financial and non-financial issues
• Able to work well with different teams across different geographies
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written)
• Ability to facilitate and influence changes in internal and external groups
• Flexible approach and positive outlook
• Able to get into the detail while also seeing the big picture.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
• IT or Software industry background or exposure to software revenue recognition criteria, and JSOX. Broad based experience in hardware and software products, product support, professional services and the outsourcing of these activities
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.