We are currently seeking a Systems Engineer to take responsibility for updating, maintaining and developing the documentation for our traffic management system from requirements through to verification at the sub-system level. The role will involve coordinating consistency with similar projects and collaborating with a global team in both projects and R&D.
The activities will be performed in compliance with SIL0 requirements of EN 50128 and internal quality process under the direction of the work package lead. Accountabilities will include but not limited to:
Understand stakeholders' business process
Capture stakeholders' needs accurately
Update and maintain subsystem and component requirements
Analyse and write new subsystem and component requirements
Perform tracing from system requirements to subsystem requirements to component requirements
Review sub-system and component architecture specifications for completeness and accuracy providing input to improve the quality and testability of the design
Review, update and develop new designs providing tracing from requirements
Develop test procedures with traceability to requirements and design
Establish the framework within existing tools to facilitate continuous integration in collaboration with the test team
Write and maintain interface specificationsEducation & Experience
- Software, Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background.
- From 5 up to 10 years of System Engineering Expertise with demonstrated experience in being able to manage:
• Complexity - manage and understand complex systems and especially software intensive complex systems.
• Abstraction - demonstrate an ability to transcend the details and apply conceptual solutions to a range of customer needs
• Safety - a basic understanding of system design within the constraints of providing a safe system, a general understanding of the risk-based design approach and allocation of functionality to components to mitigate the hazards.
• Railway knowledge is desirable.
• EN 50128 and ISO 9001 knowledge is desirable.