Company DescriptionThe Company
Hitachi Solutions is an impact-driven global leader in consulting dedicated to delivering competitive, end-to-end solutions based on the Microsoft Cloud. Our deeply connected teams are unified by our values and our commitment to helping clients succeed and compete with the largest global enterprises. We are a division of the 38th largest company in the world and carry the strength of a vast network of interconnected Hitachi companies all while remaining nimble, agile, and ready to pivot at a moment's notice.
Hitachi Solutions started as three founding partners and transformed into nearly 2,000 consultants, developers, and support personnel all around the globe. With 36 Microsoft Partner of the Year awards, Hitachi Solutions has established itself as a leading partner in the ever-growing landscape of technology consulting. The Culture
Our team is a mix of curious, fun, and get it done
. We celebrate collaborative thought leadership and individual talents so that our ideas are translated into real-world results.
Each day, our team members show up to work as a blank slate with the sole purpose of coloring their canvases with knowledge. We are a complex group of resilient learners and encourage one another to go beyond the limits of conventional expectations. As a member of the dynamic Hitachi Solutions team, you will be challenged, pushed, and unconditionally supported in your efforts to drive the business forward. ** THIS ROLE IS OPEN TO ANY CANDIDATES FROM WITHIN CANADA**Job Description
As an Analytics Data Engineer for Hitachi's Azure Cloud Enablement Team you will be responsible to deliver high quality modern data solutions while being part of a dynamic and fast-growing team consisting of endless opportunities.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, passionate individual who strives to be the best at what he/she does and creates a trail of ecstatic Customers for life. This person will love to learn, contribute to the team and wants to be part of something great.Knowledge and Experience
QualificationsRequired skills / qualifications
- Hands-on experience with the Azure Data Platform (Data Factory, Data Lake, Data Warehouse, Blob Storage, SQL DB, Analysis Services)
- Data quality (profiling, cleansing, enriching)
- Data Modeling - including design from conceptual to logical to physical data models
- Considered to be an expert in T-SQL
- Hands-on experience with MPP database technologies such as Azure SQL DW, Teradata Netezza, etc.
- Experience with multiple components listed, required:
- Power BI including DAX
- Database migration from legacy systems to new solutions
- Interpreted languages (i.e. python, C-sharp, Java, Scala, etc.)
- D365FO / CE experience as it pertains to data extraction
- Knowledge of Cap Theorum and Distributed Database Management Systems, iis considered an asset.
- Opportunity for a career path into a Data Scientist role if desired
Additional InformationOpportunity Benefits:
- Proven ability to engage customers to understand customer challenges and needs to develop technical solutions
- 3+ years of hands on experience working with the Azure Platform and its relevant components
- Proven experience of architecting Azure services into a solution platform on Microsoft Azure for Analytics
- Minimum 5 years hands on development experience with ELT/ETL using MS SQL Server, Oracle or similar RDBMS Platform
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau etc.)
- Experience or desire to coach, mentor and provide leadership to team members
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Business, Computer Science or a related discipline;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Prepared for domestic and US travel as required
- Preferred considered an asset, NOT required:
- Project management experience
- Databricks and Spark SQL
- Previous Consulting experience
• Medical and Dental Benefit Package (including Long Term and Short Term Disability)
• Base salary plus targeted bonus packageThis position can be based anywhere in Canada, though travel might be required.