We are now recruiting for a HSE Advisor to join our Brisbane project delivery team.
The role will be responsible for providing Health, Safety and Environmental support for our Brisbane project. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a high profile rail infrastructure project as part of a global team.
Key duties include:
- The primary purpose is to contribute to the HSE team's goals to influence positive attitudes and behaviours that foster a positive safety culture, ensure continuous improvement and good corporate governance of Health, Safety and Environmental requirements
- The secondary purpose is to support the Project HSE Manager to provide expert HSE leadership, advice, support and coordination to maintain compliance with Workplace Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) legislation, IMS and contract requirements.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to:
- Providing technical advice and coaching including safety leadership, risk management, HSE systems, incident investigation, audits and training;
- Drive continuous improvement of HSE, contributing to implementation of best practice, improved safety leadership, engagement with the workforce including contractors and influencing of positive behaviours;
- Conduct HSE Performance Measure Reviews (Workplace Inspections, Observations and Internal Audits) and prepare reports outlining potential risks and areas of improvement;
- Assist in facilitating and/or conducting incident investigations, SWMS and risk reviews;
- Conduct training and awareness sessions with the project team, project / site inductions, verify and document all on-site personnel have the appropriate induction training, competency and licences;
- Implement HSE Management Plans and verify and maintain project HSE documentation, HSE Registers for Site Risk, Training, Plant and Equipment;
- Responsible for HSE data collection and providing HSE performance reporting;
- Ensure all activities undertaken on the project or site, comply with applicable Health Safety and Environment related legislation and STS IMS, contractual. Principal contractor and client documentation.
- Work autonomously and be self-motivated
- Build HSE capability and safety leadership of managers, employees and contractors
- Influence and drive safe behaviours and performance through building effective relationships and engagement
- Experience in reporting with good attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- We are looking for a candidate who has 5+ years' experience as an HSE Advisor in a high risk industry, someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain a positive working relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- You will have at least a Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety or similar.
- Knowledge and previous experience working in the rail industry, rail systems and infrastructure, principal contractor is very highly regarded.