Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. The Role
Pricing Strategists within the Deals Desk Pricing team provide internal support to external Field Sales - Pre-Sales teams delivering recommendations and approvals for competitive pricing for solutions offered to Customers, direct or indirect, and T1/T2 Partner businesses in EMEA.
This role requires a high degree of capability to plan, coordinate and prioritise tasks that you and the direct team own plus the ability to regulate processes which support these activities. The role leads and provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives.
Building personal relationships based on trust and commitment and working closely with Field Sales and Sales Operations to achieve responsiveness and accuracy in accordance with Customer requirements and agreed SLA's is a key responsibility of this role.
You will work closely with Sales, Pre-Sales and other stakeholders in your daily routine, while being part of a direct team of 37 other people across 8 locations throughout EMEA.Responsibilities
- Provide elite expertise pricing recommendations of large Customer deals.
- Responsible for pricing approvals within approval and authority guidelines.
- Provide recommendations for competitive pricing of products and solutions
- Maintain expert level knowledge of market conditions and competitive pricing.
- Ensure all Hitachi Vantara product technologies and programs are considered to ensure optimum profitability for Global Account Opportunity and successful win.
- Provide input to RFQ/RFP/RFI responses in the area of pricing and product modeling for large Global/International opportunities that have many unique characteristics.
- Maintain inventory awareness and advice projected lead times to field sales.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel in Lead role
- Provide Expertise to Process and Service Improvements and new Developments.
- Exercises significant independent judgement within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- Maintain a close working relationship with 37 team members and other EMEA HQ, Field Sales and Finance colleagues.
- Advise EMEA Pricing Director on specific resource requirements and personnel issues that affect ability to support field sales activity
- Min. Bachelor's degree
- Experience directly related to IT systems and data storage pricing issues advantageous
- Prior experience in Finance or Accountant role is desirable
- Preferably knowledge of at least one of:
- EMEA storage industry;
- deal analysis;
- strategic pricing;
- awareness of US GAAP revenue recognition accounting standards
- ACCA Certification is not essential but advantageous.
- A demonstrable ability and willingness to learn
- Ability to effectively communicate and share information with peers and all levels of the organization
- Self-motivator who demonstrates drive and initiative
- Language: Local language based on job location is desired (Polish). Business proficiency in English is required.
Third language appreciated as the role covers geographical region EMEA (German /Spanish / French / Italian /Russian /Turkish)
- Detail oriented
- Financially focused
- Continuous learner
- Courageous and decisive
- Dynamic and committed
- High level of integrity and ethics
- Problem solver
- Logical thinker
- Customer focused - internal and external
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.