Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
The Configuration Strategist provides internal support to external Field Sales - Pre-Sales teams delivering specification of the required configurations for solutions offered to customer, direct or indirect T1/T2 business in EMEA. The Configuration Specialist has to maintain a high level knowledge of Hitachi Vantara solutions and products, both Hardware and Software, to excel in the technical configuration requirements.
You will work closely with Sales, Pre-Sales and other stakeholders in your daily routines, while being part of a direct team across different locations in EMEA.Responsibilities
- Responsible for solution configuration within Hitachi Vantara Quoting systems while meeting the defined Service Level Agreements.
- Maintain high level knowledge of Hitachi Vantara solutions, product components and configuration requirements and competitive awareness with market developments.
- Assist with the early adoption of new product technologies by including solution components within configurations whenever applicable.
- Communicate performance characteristics of configuration to field sales.
- Work with field sales personnel to proactively identify issues, develop recommendations and implement solutions to increase field sales productivity.
- Proactively communicate with field sales districts to uncover changing business needs, opportunities or issues of concern.
- Proactively communicate with other Configuration Strategists and Pricing Strategists to uncover changes in requirements.
- Maintain a close working relationship with team members and other EMEA HQ, Field Sales and Finance colleagues.
- Advise Configuration Manager on specific resource requirements and personnel issues that affect ability to support field sales activity.
- Min. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field desirable.
- Prior experience directly related to IT data center systems and data storage an advantage.
- Background in supporting field sales personnel desired.
- Ability to effectively communicate and share information with peers and all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivator who demonstrates drive and initiative.
- Language: Local language based on job location is desired. Business proficiency in English is required. Third language appreciated as the role covers geographical region EMEA.
- Detail oriented
- Technically minded
- Continuous learner
- Courageous and decisive
- Dynamic and committed
- High level of integrity and ethics
- Problem solver
- Logical thinker
- Customer focused - internal and external
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.