Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value
Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. This is a 2 months Internship Opportunity, part of the IST Summer Internships Program. Responsibilities:
The Interns will take part in fulfilling one of the following tasks:
- Create data insights / visualizations using natural language processing: Use natural language to build queries around data to obtain the corresponding insights represented by visualisations. For instance, "which of my clients that gave me more than xxx $ in revenues during the last 3 months have bought products that have feature A, B and C?" The result of this query would be a visualization component (a chart, a table, etc.) with the results.
- The Pentaho Data Integration has a Duplicate Detection step that groups records that are similar. The user can visualize these groups in the Data Exploration Tool, but it doesn't have a way to mark "false positives" to remove them from the duplicates. The goal of this work is to add the ability to mark "false positives" in order to filter them from the step results and, eventually, improve the detection algorithm of the step with that information.
Hands on experience with building software and participating in an engineering team day-to-day activities.
- Skills for starting a successful career in Software Development in the fields of Business Analytics and IoT
- Opportunity to secure a full-time position in Hitachi Vantara after completion of the degree
- Completed the 3rd year of undergraduate studies in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related subject
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.