HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Automation Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Develops and supports software solutions for freight railroad dispatching office systems.
- Ensures features and components meet customer specifications/ requirements and adhere to department standards, policies, and procedures.
- You will be challenged to learn the rail domain.
- You will be part of a global, cross functional team focused on delivering results to our customers.
- Must be able to handle working in a dynamic environment with parallel responsibilities and competing priorities.
- As needed, provide on-call support for a mission-critical system on weekends or after hours.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- 1-2 years of Software Development or CoOp/internship experience using object oriented languages (e.g. Java or C++) and design principles and a Software Development Life-Cycle.
- Strong diagnostic and analytical skills.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while producing quality work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Lifelong learner that shares and puts into practice what you learn.
- Familiarity of railway dispatch operations and terminology.
- Experience developing software in a Linux environment, including writing and modifying shell scripts.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- SQL/Relational Database Experience.
- Experience in Enterprise Messaging Systems (e.g. IBM MQ/ActiveMQ).
- Experience in writing multi-threaded applications.
- Experience with Angular 2+ or other TypeScript based web technologies.
- Experience with Electron.
- Experience with Microservices, Restful Web Services, REST APIs, and technologies such as Spring, Spring Boot.
- Experience using and Integrated Development Environment (IDE) e.g. Eclipse, Visual Studios, Visual Studios Code.
- Knowledge/Experience with Test Driven Development and Automated Test Frameworks.
- Experience in version control (Git, RTC, SVN).
Bachelor's Degree in technical area or Equivalent Technical background Languages
: English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/