Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.Opportunity
Our internship programme is designed to give you the skills for starting a successful career in Data Engineering, Data Science, and the Internet of Things fields. You'll work with a global team gaining real-world experience building IOT applications, applying time series/events forecasting techniques (including deep learning), and you'll gain exposure to the commercial/financial side of the software business. There will be an opportunity to apply to full-time positions at the end of the 3-month programme.Responsibilities - Scope of Work
• Build data processing pipelines
• Apply data analysis and machine learning techniques to solve business problems
• Document and present your work to business stakeholders
• Proactive participation in providing innovative ideas and solutionsRequired Skills
• Python, R or Java
• Data Analysis and Statistics
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• English language proficiency required
• Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. degree in STEM fieldsAdditional Skills
• Data science / machine learning
• Big Data technologies (i.e. Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL)
• AWS, Azure, Google CloudQualifications
We-re currently considering 2nd, 3rd year undergraduates and postgraduates that have studies either Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.