HITACHI RAIL is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Signal Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA
. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Design wayside interlocking circuits in accordance with established design principles, procedures, and specifications.
- Program wayside microprocessor devices in accordance with interlocking rules and all related specifications.
- Prepare project and design documentation.
- Assist with test setup and testing of wayside systems. This includes system integration testing with carborne, office and other systems.
- Follow established design principles and procedures and specifications as detailed for proper programming of microprocessor devices.
- Assist in developing cost estimates for project bids
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- 2 - 5 years' experience with signaling design systems.
- Experience with designing interlocking circuits
- Experience with relay based logic design
- Experience with designing microprocessor devices and software signaling logic, including troubleshooting / debugging software.
- Experience with track and cable plan design for interlocking and non-interlocking locations.
- Experience with developing factory and field test procedures.
- Display problem solving and analytical skills to provide optimal solutions.
- Display ability to think strategically as part of a group to understand and evaluate the potential impact of long-term decisions.
- Experience supporting bids and proposals for new work,
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Display excellent time management skills.
- Display excellent organizational skills.
- Exhibit proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrate competency in programming fundamentals.
- Demonstrate competency in DC/AC circuit design and analysis.
- Demonstrate competency in Digital Logic design.
- Experience generating labor estimates and bills of material for new work estimates.
- Experience checking detailed circuitry designs and programming logic.
- Experience with factory and field testing of train control technology.
- Experience leading a team of engineers in hardware and software design efforts.
- Pursuit of engineering licensure, having passed or are in preparation of taking the Professional Engineering (PE) exam.
: Bachelor's Degree, Associate Degree, or High school in technical area or Equivalent Technical background Languages
: English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/