Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
1)Performing best practice file system management, including collaboration with customer's storage
support teams, RAID implementations , Ensuring adherence to Customer-defined file standards, LUN
sizing and volume configuration and allocation.
2) Performing best practice or Customer-defined security policies ,LUN security and mapping ,World
Wide Name and port changes , Zoning and domain management , RAID assignments , Storage allocation
alignment with Customer's established service levels , Policy definition and management, Alarm routing
based on thresholds , Establish and manage storage quotas , Software certification, limited to: Microcode
testing and verification ,Version control and patches , IT Service continuity management .
3) Including monitoring and day to day management of contracted customer assets ,Data movement and
replication, Business Resumption Planning (DR) including data integrity tests , Responding to Storage
4) Assisting with local testing for disaster recovery ,Monitoring storage infrastructure logs , Seek
instructions from customer and HV SPOC, Driving data gathering, validating, firmware, versions etc...,
Compatibility check, HDLM etc.
5)Data collection in form of presentable format to customer and HV, Providing periodic update and
reports to customer, Participate and execute the POC aligned by HDS team
6) Assuming responsibility for change requests received for all storage administration
7) Maintaining up-to-date configuration documentation
8) Alerting and resolving storage system performance issues and working with HV/respective OEM
Management for escalated support.
9) Performing host-level tasks as requested to access new storage.
10) Assisting in restoring and recovering data as requested by Customer.
11) Maintaining a working knowledge of Customer's business continuity and disaster recovery plan, and
providing support in the event of an invocation or test, on occasional basis.
12) Keeping track of availability and ensuring that all contracted assets supported infrastructure is
maintained as per SLA's.
13) Performing basic performance analysis of storage infrastructure and raise proactive cases through
HV/respective OEM case management system and take responsibility of proactive performance issues
before it becomes an incident.
Qualification - BE, BSc, Diploma with 5 years experience.
Experience in managing Hitachi HUS,VSP,HUS VM,Gx00 series ,HTnM, UVM, TC, HUR,SVOS.
Experience in managing IBM V7K, V3700, SVC,DS series.
Experience in managing EMC Isilon
Experience in managing Netapp filers.