Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
Solution Architect - Global, practice-aligned role focused on supporting Managed Service engagements in a pre-sales capacity. Responsible developing both the technical and non-technial requirements related to Managed Services pursuits in a consitent and repeatable manner. Technical requirements include the alignment of optimized infrastructure hardware, software and services with end customer needs. Non-technical requirements include the comprehension, documentation and inclusion of customer business/financial case necessities related the Managed Service pursuit.Responsibilities
- Manage opportunities and assist sales teams in the preparation and delivery of Managed Services proposals and pricing.
- Ensure customer requirements have been understood and incorporated into engagement scope. Lead due diligence efforts with customers balancing modeled services against true customer landscape
- Create technical plans for managed service adoption inclusive of technology refresh plans, capacity plans, staffing plans with associated service levels.
- Identify and define specific ITIL-type tasks that will be performed as part of the managed service and their associated measurable outcomes.
- Assist with the development of internal or partner capabilities as required.
- Define the services delivery model with respect to offshore versus onshore requirements. Agree model with regional delivery heads
- Assist the Global Solutions Architecture Head in identifying, developing and rollout of new service offerings in concert with Unified Offering Management
- Evangelize and educate our product and services sales organizations on the capabilities and solutions we can offer.
- Business or similar degree qualification preferred.
- Certified consultant or technology equivalent accredited in specialist area.
- At least 9 years of technical IT-related experience.
- Minimum 7 years of technical consultancy and enterprise experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience within Hitachi technologies, a similar competitor, end user or IT consultancy services provider.
- Appreciation of multiple technology platforms
- Deeply understand managed infrastructure technologies and how they can be deployed to fit client solution requirements.
- A willingness to take the lead on projects and programs with new technologies and disseminate knowledge and feedback to the wider team.
- Demonstrating leadership versatility - leads by example and motivates and inspires others and able to interact successfully with customers, vendors and employees at all levels in the organization.
- Proactive delivery - striving to exceed expectations, demonstrating accountability for keeping own performance on track.
- Conflict management - able to remain calm under pressure and able to diffuse difficult situations by effectively managing customer expectations.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.