Hitachi Rail is looking to ‘Inspire the Next’ generation of graduates to join our business. You will have the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing rail companies in the UK and to collaborate with some of the best engineers in the business.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of we would like to hear from you!
Hitachi Rail is a leading manufacturer in total railway solutions, covering rolling stock, signalling, service delivery and traffic management. Our Global Head Office is located in Central London and we currently operate from project offices across the UK, several depot locations and our new state-of-the-art rail vehicle manufacturing facility in Newton Aycliffe.
We are expanding our train building capability and have brought train building back to the UK and we need YOU to inspire the next.
As Hitachi Rail continues to grow, there are more and more exciting career opportunities. We need you to help build the trains of the future.
Hitachi Rail is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications, we are also a member of the WISE campaign which inspires girls and women to study and build careers using science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM).
Graduate Project Manager will support the Business Portfolio Manager to manager a portfolio of projects ranging from IT Support or BAU Projects, to major Transformation/Strategic Projects such as component overhaul to reduce component and maintenance costs
- To be responsible for the delivery of one or more projects or work-streams at various stages from project initiation through to implementation.
- To liaise with internal stakeholders across other functions in the Business (Finance/HR/Engineering/Operational teams) both nationally and internationally to organise completion of tasks to set deadlines.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders.
- To ensure all actions, outputs and benefits are recorded and tracked.
- To manage the day-to-day analysis of quantitative data as required.
- To report on project process and escalate to management as needed.
- Perform risk management to minimise project risks.
- Support Project Planning and Management in the development or core services and ways or working around scheduling, benefit realisation, risks, change management and communication.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets, process maps and other documents as required.
- To comply with, and implement Hitachi rail's Health and Safety policies.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as may be required.
Key Skills & Experience
The post holder must be organised with a 'can-do' and problem solving attitude. The portfolio is diverse and there will be constant pressure to amend priorities to address internal customer needs, cost and resource constraints. The role requires resilience, tenacity and pragmatism; communication skills and teamwork.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Highly organised, ability to multi-task, schedule and project manage; can correctly prioritise multiple issues and opportunities
The right attitude for a startup; strong attention to detail, logical, systematic, resilient and capacity for getting things done, and above all, a growth mindset
Ability to work flexibly, and travel extensively within the UK
A passion for project management
2:1 or above in an engineering, business or IT related discipline
Project management experience
Closing Date 28th June 2020