Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior RAMS Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pistoia Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
- Identification of the contractual and regulatory requirements relating to safety, reliability and maintainability aspects of the vehicle.
- Allocation of RAM requirements to the vehicle subsystems.
- Performing the preliminary hazard analysis (PHA) identifying the preventive measures for the mitigation of the consequences and the related validation methods.
- project documentation inspection and developing of the RAMS analysis (reliability, corrective maintenance, preventive maintenance plan, SHA) in order to verify compliance with the RAMS requirements including the calculation of the life cycle cost for the aspects of maintenance.
- Checking of the RAMS analyses developed by the suppliers of the main vehicle systems.
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- Experience to perform the aforementioned accountabilities as dictated in section above
- Master of Science or technical degree required preferably in Mechanical, Aero-space, Electrical, Electronics;
- Minimum 5 years working experience on mass transit or Railways mainline projects in RAMS/LCC management
- Knowledge of the main office automation software / tools (Word, Excel, etc.) is essential.
Education / Qualifications
- knowledge of RAMS Standard EN 50126, EN 50128, EN 50129 is a preferential title.
- knowledge of main RAMS Software tools (Isograph Reliability Workbench, Item ToolKit, etc.) is a preferential title.
- Analytic approach
- Team-working attitude
- Result orientation
- Readiness to travel occasionally
Master's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Aero-space, Electrical, Electronics disciplines are a preferential title) Languages
K nowledge of written and spoken English (at least B2 level)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.