Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Software Assurance Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Naples Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
- Ensure selection, configuration and maintenance of software engineering basic tools
- Ensure definition, configuration control and continuous improvement of software engineering standard processes and assets
- Define the software assurance and control processes and procedures in compliance with the applicable railway standards
- Perform the software quality assurance, verification, validation and configuration control activities for software systems and produce the required deliverables
- Analyze customer requirements on general software activities and documentation and allocate them to the vehicle software systems
- Ensure internal support for the execution of audits, assessments and certifications by customers and external bodies on software project activities and manage the related non-conformities
- Perform independent software testing and validation activities and in particular software test planning, execution, analysis of results and production of the related documentation
- Guarantee the required quality of software products by defining and communicating the quality objectives and by checking the received documentation and deliverables.
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of the main programming languages and application software design and testing environments (C / C ++, Java, Python, Windows, Linux, Eclipse)
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering IT tools (in particular requirements management tools such as IBM Rational DOORS, software configuration management tools such as Subversion or similar and Test Management Framework for software testing)
- Ability to configure, integrate and support the use of specific applications to form a software engineering toolchain
- Ability to identify the most suitable testing, verification and validation method or a special combination of methods in a given context.
Education / Qualifications
- Knowledge of the main reference standards and models used in the railway sector to assure the software quality (Cenelec EN 50128, IEEE 1558, CMMI for DEV, ISO 9001 and ISO TS 22163)
- Excellent analytical thinking and good observation
- Ability to evaluate the various options by considering the impact of a decision or of selected options on the final solution
- Ability to combine different sources and different types of evidence and summarize in an overall view their suitability for the purpose or their constraints and limitations
- Previous experience in railway sector for software engineering or assurance tasks.
Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Electrical or Electronic Qualifications / Associate Degree or equivalent technical background. Languages
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.