Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Development Bogie Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pistoia Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions Accountabilities
- Definition of the functional logic project (technical specifications, descriptions, assembly drawings);
- Realization of the individual sub-components of competence (make and buy) providing the solutions for the implementation of the bogie functionality;
- Collaborate with the sub-project groups (internal and external) and ensure the development of the assigned project part;
- Be the referent for internal and / or external resources involved in the bogie project development team and will be responsible for coordinating the whole team.
- Concurrent engineering with the production engineering and liaison engineering department;
- Follow the manufacturing in the prototyping stages and in the validation tests of the components and the bogie.
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
- Experience to perform the aforementioned tasks as described in section above
- Master of Science or technical degree required preferably in Mechanical or Aeronautical;
- Minimum 2 years working railway vehicles projects in an engineering role as mechanical engineer, preferably bogie designer.
- Availability for short domestic and overseas trips.
Education / Qualifications
- Basic knowledge of 3D modeling (in CREO), 2D drawing (CREO and Autocad) of complex assemblies and welded structures and previous experience in the mechanical design of complex systems, with particular reference to the mechanical bogie system.
- Co-design approach with suppliers of buy components
- Analytic approach
- Team-working attitude
- Result orientation
Master's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical is a preferential title) Languages
Knowledge of written and spoken English at least B2 level
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.