Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
We're seeking a Senior Product Manager who is invigorated by new challenges and a passion for solving them. A successful candidate must be comfortable with technical deep dive, balance conflicting interests with reasoned analysis, and work relentlessly for your customers. As a product manager, you will define, build, and deliver Unified Compute Platform (UCP) solutions focused on Converged/Hyperconverged Infrastructure, Software Defined Infrastructure, Big Data Analytics, Mission Critical Apps, and IT Automation technologies.Responsibilities
• Partner with Engineering to develop and enhance solutions and launch them on a regular basis.
• Identify market opportunities, define solution vision and strategy.
• Engage with prospects and customers to discover underlying business drivers, identify challenges, devise solutions and demonstrate capabilities.
• Develop business cases and ROI projections, define release goals and prioritize features.
• Monitor relevant emerging industry trends and technologies and develop a keen understanding of the corresponding on-premise and cloud competitive landscape.
• Evangelize and drive adoption of solutions into multiple market segments leveraging various communication channels such as presentations, speak at industry forums, whitepapers, blogs, webinars, live demonstrations, etc.
• Work with sales and partners, be advocate of our solutions, and build a strong ecosystem for us.Qualifications
• Master's degree in Business, Computer Science, Data Science or MIS
• 5+ years of experience in Product Management. Additional experience in Engineering and Technology Strategy role is a plus.
• Deep understanding and knowledge of Data Science (including Machine Learning and Deep Learning frameworks), Big Data Analytics, NoSQL, Virtualization, and Containers.
• Knowledge and experience in some of the following: Hadoop, Mongo DB, Cassandra, Cloudera, HortonWorks, MapR, Splunk, Analytics Frameworks - Software, TensorFlow, SAP Data Hub and application environments utilizing this software.
• Knowledge and experience in converged/hyperconverged stack (compute, network, storage) and GPU solutions is a plus.
• An entrepreneurial mindset with ability to work independently to deliver results.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; experience using financial data, usage metrics, ROI, etc. to drive decision-making.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing cross functional teams.
• This position is based in Santa Clara. 10% domestic and international travel may be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.