At Hitachi Rail we help our customers solve the world's most complex mobility challenges.
We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators.
An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society's challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire the world.
Signalling and System Innovation Unit has the scope of discovering, designing and prototyping innovative solutions that can serve our customers and stakeholders. We work in an Agile mind-set, with maximum flexibility and extreme focus on results: you will have the opportunity to embrace the digital ecosystems and live on the edge of the new innovation era.
We are looking for a Digital Innovation Engineer
who can bring us a wide knowledge in designs and manages communications (including oversee the installation and maintenance of these systems) focusing on the interaction between computer systems, communication methods, and devices. Job Description
Generate ideas and initiate processes of open innovation with our stakeholders leveraging on new types of telecommunication networks and systems (data cables, wiring, circuits, digital computers and all related systems and devices) Accountabilities
With regards to Digital Innovation activities / projects:
- Manage, supervise and provide technical advice on telecommunications systems
- Monitor and test communication systems and peripheral equipment and troubleshoot problems
- Evaluate systems performance level and improve capabilities as needed
- Ensure the respect of industry's standards and best practices
- Ensure the implementation of assigned innovation projects and the relevant end-to-end coordination, prototyping the new solutions with a network of external providers and other internal supporters, in alignment with innovation guidelines and in collaboration with other technical departments.
- Support the intellectual property process management ensuring patent research according to the Company identified guidelines.
- Support the Innovation Unit to build a network to grow company's future initiatives.
Job requirements Required Skills
- Hands on experience with all telecommunications systems including peripheral equipment (e.g.computer networks, optical fiber, on site controllers, data modems, terminals, etc)
- Knowledge of telecommunication industry's standards and best practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge of railway business environment and customers.
- Experienced in defining requirements and architectures of complex systems.
- Experienced in integration activities among several subsystems.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, team spirit and raise the bar mentality.
Master degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or relevant field
English: upper intermediate level required Location:
Hitachi Rail ITALY - Naples, Genoa