Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Access Planning Controller to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. Access Planning Controllers provide effective access planning for Maintenance and Maintenance Contractors, Projects, and 3rd Parties who request to gain access to the worksite. The position is based in Pearl City, HI.
Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
• Manage and coordinate access requests amongst different maintenance and project teams and external parties to ensure all works are planned efficiently, cost effectively and safely
• Re-schedule maintenance activities and arrange appropriate changes in maintenance possession based on priorities
• Provide support and guidance on access planning and 3rd party interfacing and O&M organization
• Ensure that the safety procedures for all works performed are established and in compliance with the access planning and LOTO procedures
• Review procedures to ensure that health, safety, quality and environmental management are sufficient and practical, and recommend any changes in procedures and instructions
• Submit scheduled reports or documentation as directed
• Ensure that management systems and tools are used responsibly and accurately, ensuring reporting timelines are met for data input
• Ensure that quality is embedded into the delivery of all work in line with established policies, systems, plans, procedures and work instructions by following the training you have been provided with
•Work flexibly and efficiently in support of the project which may include working shift rotation, nights, weekends and holidays
Required Skills/ Knowledge
•High school diploma
•Previous project planning and Access Control experience
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
•3 years of relevant working experience in access planning and third party interfacing, such as planning, prioritizing, tracking and coordinating multiple maintenance and engineering work, and interfacing with internal and external customers.
•Associates Degree in construction/engineering or related field preferred
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.