Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Customers choose Hitachi Vantara because:
Hitachi Vantara's eco-system
- No one knows data like Hitachi Vantara. We have a proven, integrated strategy and portfolio that enables digital transformation through data and the integration of disparate data sets into a single data services strategy.
- Hitachi partners define and implement an integrated, secure approach to manage, govern, mobilize and analyze their data so they can uncover insights that lead to better business and social outcomes.
- Together with our Partners, we offer private and hybrid cloud solutions that meet business needs with the industry's most flexible consumption options and a true usage-based model.
- The world's most demanding applications run on Hitachi platforms because we guarantee the highest service level and 100% data availability.
consists Partners which;
• Create Solutions; Build offerings that help customers get the most efficiency, reliability and performance from leading technology platforms and applications.
• Deliver Outcomes; Support or deploy unique solutions and professional services to power business transformation.
• Manage Services; Manage and/or run cloud services and solutions that improve business agility and minimize risk.
• Resell Solutions; Help customers accelerate transformation initiatives and achieve business outcomes with innovative solutions and services from Hitachi.
The purpose of this role is to drive revenue growth through the 'sell to', 'sell through' and 'sell with' sales strategies with our Partners.
Through proactive engagement, education and sales activity, the Partner Manager will have responsibility for development, management and achievement of assigned quota, and will also be accountable for coordinating the relationship between Hitachi Vantara Sales teams and the Partner.Responsibilities
As an integral role within the Partners - Alliances organisation, the Partner Manager will be responsible for;
- The identification, acquisition and development of successful relationships with a range of Partners in order to achieve the revenue target set for South Africa.
- Developing appropriate Partner plans.
- Development of the pipeline and forecasting of indirect revenue.
- Enabling our Partners to effectively position and sell Hitachi Vantara solutions portfolio by proactive engagement, education and communication of a shared value proposition.
- Work with the EMEA GSI Partner Managers for the creation and development of opportunities in South Africa
- Initiate pipeline generating activities in collaboration with our EMEA Partner Marketing team
- Being a trusted Advisor to our Partners' business
- Continuously seek to improve and build upon knowledge of market trends including environmental and competitive influencing forces.
- University degree from a recognized institution is ideal; however relevant work experience will be taken into consideration.
- Minimum of ten (7) years' experience in Sales/Business Development. Solution-selling background.
- Extensive knowledge of IT industry solution offerings from all key alliances targets and competitors (storage, applications, IoT, Big Data)
- Expertise in challenger sales and selling with an ecosystem
- Must be able to manage, motivate and evangelize Partner network as a virtual team, managing - supporting their pipeline of opportunities
- Ability to identify opportunities, to engage and close deals
- Strong business planning and forecasting abilities.
- Must be able to function independently with minimal supervision and with strong collaboration skills (inside and outside Hitachi Vantara
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Strong time management and negotiations skills, being tactful and diplomatic at all times
- Effective (new) relationship building skills (proven ability to build relationships at executive level)
- Strong leadership and sales skills
- Always 'hungry' for knowledge, knowing all about your business, Partners, solutions and services
- Ability to translate technology into operational and business impact
- Ability to influence
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.