Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
Strategic Business Development/Outbound Product Management/Partner Management role is responsible for managing the overall relationship with GSIs and RSIs in the region. This individual will develop and manage the business plan with GSIs and RSIs. They will work closely with sales teams to establish a successful strategy to drive revenue and execution across region, and work to refine and expand our Go-To-Market capabilities and enhance partner engagement. The purpose of this role is to drive revenue growth through the 'sell with' and -sell-through- sales strategies with our GSI/RSI Partners.
This position exists to help create and drive revenue opportunities by managing the overall business alliance partnership, development, execution and cross-functional coordination of the GSIs and RSIs business for Hitachi Vantara Digital Solution Software Business. This position acts as the coordination point for partnerships that support market share growth for our partners and Hitachi Vantara. The individual will be expected to be the resident expert regarding alliance partners, including their market segments, customer lifecycle, sales processes, competitive landscape, complimentary solution capabilities and key stakeholders in order to develop and execute on a market plan.
A successful individual will be able to informally lead colleagues in product management, sales and supporting functions in the development and execution of a coordinated partner growth strategy. Specifically, the individual will develop senior level relationships with GSIs and RSIs in area of Data Management/Big Data/Analytics/Edge, working across all sales teams, and all other facets of our business to create mutually beneficial relationships. Success will be measured through development of a strategic roadmap, tactical execution of initiatives, strategic wins, customer success case studies, practice buildout, repeatable solutions and overall revenue growth.Desired location: NorCal, SoCal, West CoastPLEASE NOTE: This is not a quota carrying sales role. It is a mid level, individual contributor product manager role focused on recruiting partners, training and enablement and managing and marketing of our products to achieve a desired sales outcome.Responsibilities
• Oversee all aspects of relationship; Sales, Product Management, Product Marketing and Marketing
• Development and co-management of a comprehensive quarterly and annual business development plan with sponsorship and participation from GSIs and RSIs partner managers.
• Increase Hitachi Vantara sales team productivity, deal size and awareness of GSIs and RSIs
• Train Hitachi Vantara sales teams on how to co-sell services from GSIs and RSIs using a combination of programs such as lunch and learn, new hire training, and new product training
• Increase deal registration opportunities by providing support and training to Hitachi Vantara and GSIs and RSIs sales teams
• Conduct account planning sessions with Hitachi Vantara sales force which includes segmenting account base to coordinate customer contact..
• Oversee the deal registration process
• The identification, acquisition and development of successful relationships with a range of GSI's and RSIs
• Developing appropriate GSI/RSI plans.
• Development of the pipeline of opportunities with GSIs/RSIs.
• Enabling our GSI's/RSIs to effectively position and sell Hitachi Vantara solutions portfolio by proactive engagement, education and communication of a shared value proposition.
• Initiate pipeline generating activities in collaboration with GSI/RSI Partner Marketing team
• Being a trusted Advisor to our GSI's/RSIs business
• Continuously seek to improve and build upon knowledge of market trends including environmental and competitive influencing forces.Qualifications
• 7-10 years of work experience with progressive responsibility in product management, partner management and product marketing and/or business development of enterprise software business
• 5+ years of work with named alliances or its eco-system strongly preferred
• Experience in leading cross-functional teams required
• Strong leadership and communication skills, as well as strong team and interpersonal skills.
• Very strong organization, program management and execution skills.
• Exceptional business acuity, technology prowess and strategic analysis skills
• Previous consulting, product management, alliances, sales/marketing
• Experience with data management, data lake, Hadoop, software applications and data center operations and enterprise.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and demonstrated analytical skills.
• 20% - 30% travel required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.