The Infrastructure Solutions
Team Leader is responsible for managing activities in the Infrastructure
Project team in an IT shared service environment, with the ability to
troubleshoot and support complex support issues down to the desktop.
Reporting to the
Infrastructure Services Manager, the Infrastructure Solutions Team Leader will
provide line management and direction to a small team with an advisory
responsibility for operations. The role involves participation in both 3rd line
support and project activities.
The company is the European
arm of a global organisation with offices across Europe and occasional
International travel within Europe is a possibility.
Main Tasks and
- Working within a team providing
Project and 3rd line support to a Hitachi Group companies as part of the IT
department within the shared service centre.
- Occasional travel to European
- Responsibility for day to day
project delivery and ongoing remedial and improvement programmes for both
internal and customer projects.
- Holding regular review meetings
and regular reporting to Customers.
- Responsibility for task and
- Managing Customer expectations and
achieving agreed deliverables
Key Skills and
- Analytical thinking –
identifies consequences and implications and what is required to improve the
situation, and shares findings with others.
- Initiative –
anticipates difficulties and minimises potential problems. When necessary,
finds extra resources to help solve problems.
Shares ideas for improvement across work group.
- Assertive –
a proactive approach and can-do attitude with a focus on making things happen.
- Teamwork and cooperation –
builds on the views of others and openly values their input and encourages all
relevant people to be involved where appropriate in making decisions.
- Problem solving skills – proven ability in diagnosing and
resolving technical problems.
- A passion for IT –
interest and enthusiasm for all things IT related and delivering quality IT
- Flexibility and adaptability –
experience of working in a pressurised environment and a willingness to get
- Self-Motivated, Reliable and Pro-active
- Committed and hard working.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to build a rapport with
staff and customers at all levels.
- Resourceful approach with lots of initiative and excellent trouble
- A good appreciation of technical issues in an IT infrastructure Enterprise
- Ability to prioritise work and demonstrate effective time
to communicate effectively verbally and in written word
to produce relevant documentation and PMO tracking information
to manage meetings and customer engagement
understanding and ability to visualise entire infrastructure portfolio and
history of Project management in a customer facing technical IT environment
to interact professionally with customers and suppliers
to lead and manage technical people at all levels
- High level of knowledge or understanding
of networking for both LAN and WAN.
- Knowledge or understanding of Mail
systems with focus on MS Exchange, to include SMTP, DNS and Internet email
processing including multi lingual interchange.
- Microsoft qualifications and/or CISCO
qualifications, not necessarily current
- Experience of designing or contributing
to design of IT infrastructure solutions at any level
- Experience of working in a
multi-cultural and ideally global organisation
- A second language
- Technical specialism in one or more core infrastructure technologies
In addition to offering a market competitive salary and discretionary
bonus scheme, Hitachi also provide an attractive benefits package, which is
regularly reviewed, and offers a wide range of benefits that you can choose
Company Funded Benefits
- Market competitive salary and discretionary bonus
- Generous holiday entitlement - with the option to
buy up to an additional 8 days per year
- A Holiday Banking scheme allowing you to bank
untaken holiday to use another year
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme available to all
- Personal Accident Insurance
Voluntary Benefits (funded by employee) including;
- Cycle To Work scheme
- Gym Membership
- Dental Insurance with option to include dependent
- Health screening
- Dining card
Hitachi Europe Ltd is a social innovation
company with headquarters based in Maidenhead, England. The company’s European
operations employ over 550 people to deliver services and solutions to
customers in several key business areas. The company's portfolio includes
digital media products, industrial components and equipment, European
procurement and sourcing, research and design, information systems.
HEU is also responsible for managing a Shared
Services Group that provides the Company's business units with a range of
innovative and effective common services that deliver value, create ‘lean’
processes and support growth and development - including HR, IT, Legal, Finance
& Accounting, Corporate Communications & Sustainability, and Business