Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Technical Expert (TE) - Business Applications and Converged Solutions is the specialist who work in close conjunction with ASPs in Korea, sales / presales organization in APAC and Corp UCP Product teams. This person will leverage his/her deep technical expertise to develop compelling solutions , to solve customers challenges around Business-critical applications like SAP Hana, Data Center Modernization and Cloud.
The role will focus on a combination of Hitachi Vantara technologies such as the Unified Compute Platform solutions (Converged, Hyper-converged solutions), VMware technologies and infrastructure solutions for Business-critical applications.
The Technical Expert (TE) role is a highly skilled, technical sales professional responsible for providing design expertise on high value opportunities and expected to have strong knowledge on Converged solutions, Business applications (Unified Compute Platforms) and Cloud technologies. The TE, consistently exhibiting a proactive approach, collaborates with the ASPs in Korea, UCP TEs in APAC, Corporate PM to develop winning and innovative solutions and proposals by leveraging expertise and technical depth in their specialization.
As a subject matter expert, understanding industry trends and market directions including an advanced knowledge of the competitive landscape The TE serves as a liaison to the Solutions Leads / Product Management (PM) for those solutions specific to their area of technical focus. In this liaison role, the TE provides communication to/from field teams and the Solutions / PM organizations. TE responsibilities include being the primary conduit for customer solution demonstrations and proof-of-value.
Finally, the Technical Expert will be required to play some level of solution/business leadership in championing UCP solutions portfolio, participating in regional calls, and the execution of programs. Given the importance of this role the TE must be able to support multiple sales campaigns concurrently while serving as the domain expert.
• Leverage Technical expertise to identify capabilities and solutions in conjunction with ASP sales and presales teams to achieve revenue and market share goals.
• Work with key members of an extended UCP TE team across Asia Pacific region, sharing insights, best practices and solving problems
• Build solid use cases, reference architectures, sales plays around Business Applications and Emerging solutions. Leverage expertise on Cloud and Converged solutions and work with UCP TE team across Asia Pacific, sharing insights, best practices and solving problems.
• Assess and evaluate capabilities in the field sales and presales teams and work with Business Apps - Converged solution. team to formulate plans, tactics to address gaps. Execute programs in Korea to accelerate opportunities
• Establish and maintain core connections with Corporate PM team to represent the fields needs with respect to products, and ensure field is kept up to date
• Participate in regular cadence discussions in APAC Business apps - Converged Solution team to track progress against business goals (revenue, market share, etc.)
• Represent Hitachi Vantara at a strategic level on Data Center trends and technologies in industry events, customer / partner events and in social media if necessary.
• A minimum of 8 years' IT experience, with at least 4 years spent supporting sales in a High Value solution-oriented company primarily in Data Center Infrastructure solutions. Previously working for a technology vendor, Software or Systems Integration company.
• Some skills and knowledge on platform solutions for SAP Hana, BigData/Hadoop is preferred.
• Experience on Datacenter solutions - Compute, Virtualization, Software-defined DC technologies including VMware technologies - vSphere, vSAN and SDDC etc... is preferred.
• VMware certified professional / CCNA Data center / VCE / MCSE certifications are preferred
• Deep technical skills to understand and diagnose complicated Data Center solutions and the ability to clearly articulate clear strategies to manage customer challenges.
• A clear understanding of a solutions sales approach and value-added selling.
• Possess the ability to resolve issues and conflicts, as well as be able to take ownership when faced with challenging situations.
• This role has no direct reports. However, provides mentoring and guidance to ASPs and acts as an expert providing direction and guidance account teams.
• Proficient in written and spoken business English.
• Well organized, adaptable and a clear thinker with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to accept responsibility and ownership.
• Innovative, actively looking for solutions to problems, a catalyst for change.
• The ability to manage competing business pressures effectively.
• The ability to work with key stake holders in company/ASPs to bring key issues to resolution
• A good understanding of consultative or solutions selling techniques.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.