Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. The Role
This position is responsible for providing desktop support services to end users at the Hitachi Vantara Offices. The candidate will be performing varying degrees of problem determination, root cause analysis and resolution of desktop hardware and software problems. The candidate is responsible to make effective use of available technical resources and provide the service within established service levels. He/she will be performing installs, moves, adds and change (IMAC), data backup/restores, computer virus management, data migrations, and PC refresh activities... Responsibilities:
Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
• Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to end user workstations, including the installation these upgrades (for example memory).
• Collaborate with LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company's desktop computing environment.
• Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding desktop problems.
• Work with the company's helpdesk on assigned problem/IMAC tickets.
• Answer to and perform IMAC requests as they are submitted through the service desk.
• Deploy software through SCCM (SMS).
• Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
• Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
• Interface with third-party support and equipment vendors.
• Position will also provide support to the Executive Team as needed
• Some travel could also be needed at times to support special functions or locations. Qualifications:
- Associate Degree in information technology, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum of 3 years of IT Desktop Support experience.
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) or Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification for Windows 7 highly desired.
- A+ certification highly desired.
- Strong technical skills in supporting x86/x64 hardware platforms.
- Ability to quickly trouble-shoot and resolve problems.
- Experience working in an Active Directory environment including SCCM.
- Experience with desktop virtualization (e.g. Xen) preferred but not required.
- Concentrated focus on defect reduction and quality of services.
- Excellent customer relations and customer support skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, global, collaborative environment
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.