Job ID: 45535
Date Posted: Jun 9, 2020
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Repair & Maintenance
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Purpose of position:
As a Field Service (FS) Lead, you are responsible for successfully executing installation, maintenance, repair, and/or troubleshooting support in the field either independently or while leading a crew. The FS Lead ensures that procedures are adhered to on products in accordance with Hitachi & other OEM instructions. The FS Lead must demonstrate mastery level technical and leadership skills and be viewed by management as a technical go-to leader. Must have experience in servicing multiple different manufacturers equipment. The FS Lead executes work safely and successfully on-site, while also increasing customer relations by working to develop additional business with the support of their direct manager. The FS Lead stays up-to-date on new technologies or developments within the industry and recommends these methods, process improvements, and/or other ways to optimize the field service department to their manager. Hitachi’s FS Leads are responsible for leading projects on-site, as well as directing less experienced personnel on-site while transferring as much knowledge to others to strengthen the overall business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Install substation equipment including but not limited to GCB’s, GIS, GMCB’s, etc. and there associated assemblies. Commission installed products to ensure factory specifications are met per the specific OEM instruction manuals.
· Electrically test substation equipment to include, hipot, megger, ductor, timing, travel, gas testing, infrared thermography, acoustical, and/or current transformer (CT) Testing. Follow strict testing guidelines that meet industry standards, as well as IEEE, NETA, etc.
· Troubleshoot numerous types of mechanical and electrical operating systems. Able to work independently with little to no supervision or support needed from direct manager.
· Able to keep a level head when dealing with potentially agitated customers, high priority situations or when the projects are highly visible to company executives and local politicians. Hitachi’s FS Leads are our face to the customer and must demonstrate the ability to see these potential high pressure situations as an opportunity to turn a negative experience into a positive one in order to retain the HTDS customer base.
· Must be familiar with OSHA work standards and company safety policies. In particular, must be knowledgeable and mindful of sources of stored energy and HTDS LOTO procedures. Must follow on-site safety procedures with the strictest of detail. Able to pass customers’ site specific safety/LOTO tests. Must be able to obtain OSHA 10 and/or 30 certifications, in addition to other certifications such as forklift and man-lift.
· Keep accurate records, expense reporting and maintain daily event log. Should be familiar with technical writing practices. Responsible for providing timely trip reports in Microsoft Word format to manager.
· Availability to travel at any time. 90%+ travel is expected. Emergency responses are common in the industry. Preparation of tools, equipment and company issued gear is required.
· 6 - 10 years of Field Service Experience on substation equipment including GCB, GIS, GMCB, etc. A minimum of 5 years of supervisory/lead experience for this work is required. Or, an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or technical field plus 5 years of supervisory/lead experience can be accepted. Alternatively a combination of education, experience, and/or demonstrated accomplishments can be accepted at the discretion of HTDS.
· Ability to read electrical schematics is required.
· Knowledge of mechanical and electrical energy.
· Customer relationship skills (salesmen personality).
· Time & travel management with the ability to schedule own travel such as booking flights, rentals, etc.
· Ability to lift heavy objects and climb structures.
· Able to train other company employees on installations and maintenance procedures and be viewed by less experienced technicians as the technical leader.
· Strong troubleshooting skills to solve technical problems unassisted.
· Must be a team player with a positive attitude and willing to support other areas of the business and/or special assignments as required.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Strong organizational skills.
Position requires: sitting – talking – lifting up to 25 lbs. – keyboarding – regular and reliable attendance – English and grammar usage skills – reading/interpreting instructions – standing – walking – reaching, climbing, balancing – stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling – tasting and smelling – driving – hearing – close vision – color vision – distance vision- climbing stairs – working outdoors – repetitive motion – local and overnight travel 90%+ of time.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities