Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.Job descriptionResponsibilities
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Ensure software is updated with latest features
- Ideal candidate would be self-starting, energetic individual, not afraid to question assumptions and be imaginative.
- 6 or more years' experience as an engineer with drive for innovation, prototyping, and influencing product roadmaps.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- This person should have a passion for exploring and learning new technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Experienced in:
- Java, Python, Bash, Ruby, Jscript, Go and other programming languages
- Developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC, AngularJS)
- Test-driven development
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Scrum tools: JIRA, Jenkins, Trello, GitLab, etc.
- Excellent understanding of design patterns and writing reusable, configurable, modular code
- Experience designing and developing distributed architectures that include multiple application servers or other scalable and fault-tolerant architectures
- Streaming Data and Big Data frameworks a plus: SMACK stack, Redis, MapR, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.