Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs
Job Title: Quality and Process Improvement, Risk, Compliance and QA Lead
Reporting To: Global Vice President of Risk, Compliance and Quality Assurance
Direct Reports: N/A
The Quality and Process Improvement, Risk, Compliance and QA Lead will have two (2) primary responsibilities:
1. Executing the Global Services strategy and operational elements of the "Quality Assurance and Risk" program for Hitachi Vantara Digital Infrastructure Business Unit (DI BU). As the Geo lead for the Quality Assurance and Risk organization, you will be responsible for deploying the Global Services Digital Quality Assurance and Risk plan, processes and governance in the Geo (APAC).-nbsp;
2. Defining and maintaining Quality and Process Improvement processes and procedures for the DI BU. As the global lead for Quality and Process Improvement, you will be responsible for advising, planning, and leading work efforts to define, document and improve the key customer facing processes in the DI BU.
The role leads Geo based Quality Assurance and Risk planning and implementation through close collaboration with Geo Services leads, to manage quality and risks across opportunities and customer portfolio through cross functional collaboration with GTM sales functions, offerings development groups and partner organizations. For Quality and Process Improvement, the role will systematically improve quality and productivity by working with Global Services stakeholders documenting process models, examining processes and data to identify useful and ineffective attributes, and facilitating stakeholder groups to consensus regarding new business process designs
You will be accountable for driving a quality and risk management culture leading that is collaborative, consultative, and customer centric spanning across Digital Infrastructure offerings for Hitachi Vantara. Your efforts will drive more disciplined, repeatable QA and Risk practices that will result in a higher percentage of project successes, in the future.Responsibilities
• Leads the Hitachi Vantara Global Services organization to a higher level of quality and risk management; including collaborating and partnering with organizations to better manage quality and risks of opportunities, customer and service engagements.
• Participates in Quality Assurance and Risk strategy and planning. Adopt plans and processes to Geo-unique needs and requirements.
• Leads virtual teams to define and document standard quality and process management - improvement methods and practices for the DI BU.
• Uses knowledge of standards and best practices to benchmark process execution and performance to identify gaps and weaknesses and designs improved processes.
• Designs KPIs and measures of customer satisfaction and process effectiveness.
• Develops specific methods for tracking and trending data that allow organizations and teams to track performance. Assists with data collection, analysis, and evaluation necessary to develop corrective action and improvement plans that address any indicators that fall below targets of performance
• Analyzes feedback and results from Post Mortem and Lesson Learned reviews to devise Global quality and process improvement action plans.
• Performs audits and assessments to ensure processes are being executed properly and are effective.
• Lead and participate in Ochibo-Hiroi meetings (quality and process improvement)
• Design and deploy metrics to measure delivery quality and satisfaction for the purposes of qualtiy assurance and improvement.
• Collaborate with tools and training organizations to ensure quality and process management practices are supported in tools and that training is available to ensure skill development and awareness.
• Acts as quality assurance executive for key customer projects and participates in customer QBRs.
• Works proactively with Project Managers and GEO Leaders on large opportunities, helping to position service quality philosophy, delivery and best practices. Ensures Quality Assurance and Risk requirements and considerations are addressed in project - service agreements.
• Facilitates opportunity and project governace (Phase Gate) reviews.
• Monitor and manage customer Incidents and project and service health through RAG dashboards and Service Quality Metrics to ensure CSAT and Risk management. Trigger actions as needed.
• Manage critical customer escalations and recovery initiatives
• Facilitate Post Mortem and Lesson Learned reviews. Drive Geo and Global quality and process improvements.
• Conduct project/service audits to ensure plans and processes are being executed properly.
• Timely reporting resolution of escalated customer incidents
• Improvement in key customer, project and service KPIs
• Minimizing Loss Cost associated with poorly executed sales, delivery and service processes and governance
• Managing customer satisfaction through the sales and delivery lifecycleQualifications
• A minimum of 15 years' experience across Quality Management, Service Management and Risk Management disciplines.
• Knowledge of the methods, processes and techniques used for planning, developing, implementing, directing, coordination and evaluation Quality Assurance Performance, Risk Management, and Corporate Compliance Programs. Experience implementing various standards such as ISO 9000/20000, ITSM - ITIL, and ISO 31000 (Risk management).
• Knowledgeable and practitioner of quality and process methods such as Lean/Six Sigma and PDCA. Certification desirable.
• Familiar with Business Process Management (BPM) tools and implementation.
• Demonstrates strong operational skills that will drive organizational efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
• Demonstrated excellence in analytical thinking, problem solving, communication, delegation, organization planning and judgment.
• Demonstrated ability to clearly define and systematically investigate business problems considering all relevant factors, and to analyze, interpret and draw meaning from data to support quality and process improvement, and commercial decision making.
• Demonstrates a commitment to the interests, needs and perspectives of the service recipient (customer) and aligns all activities, processes and decisions towards those interests.
• Experience with interfacing at a VP or C level internally and externally at customer and partner organizations.
• Ability to collaborate across organization and with external stakeholders.
• Proven ability to lead high-performance teams across multiple organizations, countries and cultural differences.
• Experience in selling and delivery management of Professional Services and XaaS offerings
• Willing and able to address escalated customer issues with speed and urgency
• Demonstrates support for innovation and facilitates the implementation and acceptance of organizational changes by removing fear and distrust to improve effectiveness and performance outcomes.
• Operates with the highest integrity, be an effective role model and upholds our Company Values, the Hitachi Spirit.
• Able to travel up to 40-50% of the time domestically and internationally
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.