Job description Hitachi Rai
l is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated ASSOCIATE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from technical to legal and administrative. The position is based in Napoli
. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
• Participate to research and development activities, caring extensive reporting and presentation for own and group activities.
• Operate at skilled level on a professional Intellectual Property Database, after proper instruction.
• Constantly monitor competitors' activity on new patents in relevant key technological sectors, also by setting an articulated alert system up.
• Participate to evaluation of newly published competitors' patents for possible opposition.
• Check freedom to operate for novel technical solutions in products.
• Verify patentability by researching prior art.
• Participate in the process of scouting new ideas, by interaction with technical experts.
• Participate in the process of patent application, putting into writing designers' ideas, and evidencing points of novelty and non-obviousness.
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
• Very good ability in Italian and English writing, in order to prepare long and complex technical reports.
• Ability of fast reading comprehension of English technical documents.
• Very good ability to prepare presentations by means of PowerPoint, either other tools.
• Good ability to use other Office Automation tools (Word, Excel, ...)
• Fluency in human interaction.
• Willingness to travel abroad (Europe - Far East) is required. Desired Skills/ Knowledge
• Knowledge of patent related procedures constitutes a preferential qualification.
• Basic knowledge and use of CAD tools ( Autocad, Creo, Catia, etc.), at least for visualization, measuring, limited changes.
• Basic knowledge and use of simulation tools (Matlab, Simulink).
• A limited work experience is preferred, though being not required. Education / Qualifications
• Master of Science in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical Engineers are preferred) Languages
English knowledge: Level C1 or above is strictly required, at least in reading and writing.
German and French knowledge is preferable
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.