Job ID: 45554
Date Posted: Jun 12, 2020
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi Automotive
Company Name: Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Manufacturing
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Throughout its’ history, Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. has been synonymous with safety, quality, growth, and continuous improvement. Adhering to these core values has enabled us to succeed as a Tier 1 supplier of world-class products to the global automotive market. With five US locations and over 3,600 hard-working employees, we are dedicated to ensuring the expectations of our first-rate automotive customers are consistently exceeded.
Our recent expansion has afforded us an opportunity to seek additional Group Leaders for our VDP Assembly department at our Monroe, GA facility. These positions are on B shift (Monday through Friday 2:50 p.m. to 11:10 p.m.). You offer us your determination and work-ethic; we offer you very competitive pay and top-notch health benefits.
The primary role of the Group Leader is to lead a group of up to 10 employees in the production assembly area. This person will assist in training and development of employees, as well as operating the machines.
Essential Function of the BEPS Assembly Group Lead:
1. Maintaining control over the production line at all times which may require close interaction with Mfg. Engineering, Maintenance and Quality.
2. Ensure all daily production activities are thoroughly communicated to Supervisors.
3. May be required to perform tasks associated with troubleshooting product quality and performance.
4. Maintain the production line in a safe, neat, clean and organized environment.
5. Assist as needed on the production line.
6. Respect work hours, support production goals and time-tables, which may require overtime.
7. Ensures the following:
a) Utilizing knowledge of ISO14000 & TS16949 ensures all associates follow procedures and work instructions
b) All production, scrap, and down time reports are completed properly and timely.
c) Product and/or component dimensions are checked via in-process inspection check sheets with use of various indicators and gauges as described in procedures or work instructions.
d) Equipment is monitored for unusual sounds, movements or appearance that may indicate problems. Addresses any abnormalities.
e) Changing of simple parts and fixtures to facilitate changeover of product types.
f) Visually and manually check for defects in product or workmanship.
1. Recording of process equipment settings and conditions using equipment verification check sheets.
Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).