Software Support Engineer
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
Come join us at Hitachi Vantara, where we put our customers first.
We are looking to add motivated, talented people that enjoy the challenge of solving technical problems to our Product Support team.
The Product Support team is the first point of contact for Hitachi Vantara's customers. They field and triage all customer requests. This includes working directly with the customer to troubleshoot, document enhancements and answer a wide variety of technical questions.
They communicate best practices and work cross-functionally with QA, Engineering, Professional Services and sales teams to help each customer achieve maximum value from Pentaho's services.
The right candidate for this position enjoys providing support to other IT professionals in a fast-paced environment with lots of technical variety.
• Be an advocate for our customers
• Provide product support for installation, configuration, and implementation of the Hitachi Vantara Software Suite
• Provide clear, crisp communication to clients in understandable, easy to follow directions
• Setting proper expectations regarding client issues to ensure there is no ambiguity around solutions / timelines / etc.
• Document enhancement requests for the customer
• Communicating effectively internally with the Hitachi Vantara Engineering and Product Management teams to reproduce, resolve and document support cases
• Maintaining an accurate and complete description of cases managed through Hitachi Vantara-s case tracking and problem management system.
• Contributing knowledge on a regular basis to the Hitachi Vantara Knowledge Base, FAQs, examples and how-to's for publication for customers and the Hitachi Vantara knowledge system.
• Professional experience in troubleshooting, maintaining, or developing data-driven applications connected to relational databases, XML sources, web services, flat file, and big data driven backend system.
• Hands-on experience on one of the following core technologies including:
• Web development tools: Java, JSP, XML, HTML, JDBC/JNDI
• Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Solaris
• Application servers: Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, Weblogic
• Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer, BigData
• Excellent analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
• Quick Learner
• Ability to systematically assess and accurately diagnose software-related problems (both individually and within a team setting)
• Ability to interact effectively and empathize with customers
• Prior experience (5+ years) installing, administering and maintaining computer systems and applications in an enterprise IT environment
• B.A. or B.S. Degree from an accredited university
• Fluency in multiple languages (English, French, German, Spanish) a plus
• Professional technical certifications a plus
• Experience deploying Business Intelligence (BI) related software and/or building reports within BI related software is a big plus
• Familiarity with Cloudera, Hadoop - MapReduce technologies, Amazon Web Services - other data housing technologies
• Passion to explore new technologies
• A sense of urgency when interacting with customers
• Ability to manage customer expectations
• Understanding of the importance and value of good communication
• Ability to work efficiently on multiple active support cases, effectively "switch gears" and manage multiple time-critical tasks
• Attention to detail
• Demonstrates a sense of ownership in all duties assigned