Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The role
We are looking for a Senior Software Performance Engineer to perform Performance testing on our Data Management and Analytics products.
The successful candidate will work with the engineering team, product management and quality engineer. Primary Job Responsibilities
- Design Test Scripts based on Requirements, user stories and feedback from other team members
- Responsible for conducting the testing, including analyze the results, analyze root causes of performance issues, provide corrective actions, manage defects and generate test reports
- Execute performance, load, stress and endurance tests of UI and API
- Actively participate in Agile Ceremonies
- Carry out testing as per the defined procedures
- Coach other team engineers on Performance Testing
- University degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- A minimum of 4 years relevant work experience in IT Performance Testing of UI and API
- Experience in Test Strategy, Work Load Design, Test Scripts, Test Environment Setup, Test Data Setup and Test Execution
- Experience Analyze the CPU Utilization, Memory usage, Network usage, Garbage Collection to verify the performance of the applications.
- Expertise in Performance Testing tools
- Reliable, thinking out-of-box, self-motivated, and focused on high quality delivery of work products
- Good written and verbal communication skills (Portuguese and English)
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL)
- Knowledge of test management tools like Testrail and defect management tools like JIRA
- A technical background in software development and ideally the candidate will possess programming skills on Java
- Experience with BI industry
- Knowledge with Pentaho Software
- Basic knowledge of Linux commands
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, lets lead the way to extra-ordinary.