Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
This role is for a hands-on User Interface Senior Software Engineer to develop IOT microservice applications for Industrial IOT business.Responsibilities
The ideal candidate would be self-starting, energetic individual, not afraid to question assumptions and be imaginative. Candidate should care deeply about user experience, design, and simplicity. Participated in product requirement discussions with Product Management, Product Owner, Engineering Lead, and UX.
- Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses - Product Managers
• Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
• Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
• Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
• Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
• Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
• Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
• Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus. Expert in processes / methodologies and skilled in build, release - deployment processes (CI/CD)
• Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
• Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
• Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
• Experience React, AngularJS or Vue; HTML5, CSS, D3, Loopback, REST/JSON
• Experience developing solutions using open source and DevOps frameworks and tools such as Github, Selenium.
• Experience working with Agile development practices (e.g. Scrum, TDD)
• Hands-on experience with front-end testing using Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium or equivalent framework.
• Strong background in modern tooling (Bower, Grunt, gyp, npm).
• Experience with modern microservices architecture, prior experience with micro-frontend technology and framework a plus.
• Experience with container technology, docker, Kubernetes a definite plus.
• Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns.
• Database experience with RDBMS and NoSQL.
• Experiences with automation/configuration management using Jenkins, Puppet, Chef or equivalent technologies; and software configuration tools, such as GIT, Perforce, or ClearCase).
• Experience with build script and CI/CD.
• Experience with Golang is a plus.
• Hands-on experience in Secure-SDLC, SAST, DAST methodologies and tools.
• Good communication and inter-personal skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, lets lead the way to extra-ordinary.