At Hitachi Rail we help our customers solve the world's most complex mobility challenges.
We design, manufacture, test, install and commission solutions that meet the safety and management needs of freight, passenger and metro rail operators.
An international provider of turnkey services and solutions, we employ more than 4,300 people in 30 countries. We deliver innovations that answer society's challenges. With our talented teams and proven experience, we can inspire the world.
Working with us in Italy : Genoa
Genoa offices are, as of now, the Hitachi Rail headquarters in Italy.
In Genoa Hitachi Rail employees roughly 600 people, mostly engineers, who are developing signalling technologies at the state of the art.
Thanks to our innovations and expertise, commitment and dedication we rank among the best railway technology provider of the Industry, delivering our products to Ferrovie Italiane, RFI as well as to the rest of the world.
The Genoa offices are located in the area of Sampierdarena, an excellent position where is easy to reach the airport, train stations and local transport.
Currently we are looking for enthusiastic and pioneering candidates, driven by technological challenge and success, who want to contribute to the satisfaction of our customers and to the growth and global leadership of our business .
In particular we are looking for a Signalling Functional Design Engineer
• Ensure the delivery of Functional signalling Design (schemes, specification
documents, test reports...) compliant to project requirements, budget and
schedule and to industry standards, company guidelines and processes
• Ensure the delivery of functional design documentation including system
requirements and architecture, interface control, scheme plans, control
tables, block design, and analysis
• Ensure the gap identification between customer requirements and company
• Ensure the identification of development and procurement needs based on
customer requirements and identified gaps
• Ensure the effective implementation of the lessons-learnt database where
the detected design errors, process and tool inefficiencies and the related
corrective actions are duly recorded
• Ensure the execution of the Verification activities on issued documents,
according to the V&V Plan
• Contribute to the configuration and HW/SW design of the Signalling system
by control of the functional design, and produce or control the version
control sheet if applicable
Knowledge and Skills:
• Number of errors in the functional design detected by Validation and site
tests against comparable projects
Master/Bachelor degree in Computer/Electronics/Telecommunications/Automation Engineering, Informatics
English: upper intermediate level required