Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.Job Summary:
The NAS Administrator diverse duties will include the day to day support of 24 x 7 x 365 enterprise storage systems, disk provisioning, troubleshooting, diagnosis, maintenance and service improvements.
The NAS Administrator will meet all storage requirement by deploying both the operational processes and supporting technical architectures that deliver the highest efficiency for NAS solutions.
Responsibilities include monitoring client environment and alerting customer of potential issues with recommended action plans that adhere to best practices in a largely SAN environment. Heavy use of Operations Manager, Performance Advisor, and assessment tool set requiring expert level performance analysis and capacity planning experience. Requirements and Background Knowledge:
- Configuration of NAS hardware and software products.
- Ability to analyze and gather technical details regarding the environment.
- Storage Efficiency Optimization activities such as upgrades, performance tuning, and system audit tasks.
- Interpreting enterprise class assessments (objectives, data collection, analysis, reporting against objectives)
Education and Background:
- Have experience managing 10-25 NAS Controllers.
- Knowledge and best practice experience in:
- NetApp or Hitachi NAS Solutions
- Brocade FC Switch
- CIFS - Domain/Security/Authentication
- Data Migration-ONTAP 7-mode to C-mode
- De-Duplication, Documentation
- Effective Communications
- BS degree in Information Technology or equivalent professional experience.
- 3-5 years of experience with enterprise NAS storage platforms with 1-3 years of experience in Hitachi or NetApp environments.