Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
This position will help us define and drive the growth of the XaaS Managed Services business in the Americas. It will also be the lead in service transition of major accounts. We require a candidate with broad technical skills; services experience, data center infrastructure experience as well as Cloud Experience.
This role will be responsible for both assisting the sales efforts of and managing the engagement transition into delivery of Managed Services.
Location: Dallas, Chicago or Atlanta is preferred. Responsibilities
- Manage opportunities and assist sales teams in the preparation and delivery of Managed Services proposals and pricing.
- Work directly with MS Sales and Account Sales teams to provide solution leadership, input to field messaging, assist with GTM strategy and support contract negotiations as it pertains to the services solution.
- Assist in identifying, developing and rollout of new service offerings.
- Ensure customer requirements have been understood and incorporated into engagement scope.
- Work directly with customers to transition customers to Hitachi's managed services offerings.
- Identify and define specific ITIL-type tasks that will be performed as part of the managed service and their associated measurable outcomes.
- Define skill sets required and assist delivery in identifying staffing candidates and resource selection to drive delivery excellence.
- Develop internal or partner capabilities as required.
- Measure, ensure, and validate that customers receive services that meet their expectations.
- Evangelize and educate our product and services sales organizations on the capabilities and solutions we can offer.
- Act as team lead during service transition phase.
- Lead Service Transition consultants to insure timely and effective service transitions meeting deadlines and insuring 100% completions of all activities needed for full-service activation.
- Ensure best practices are utilized and constantly updated to take advantages of lessons learned and any field developed IP that may be best practice improvements.
- Keeping up to date on service roadmap from UOM and updated service offerings to insure transition methodologies are updated and ready.
- 7 years of consulting and/or project management experience preferably from a major outsourcer, system integrator or CSP.
- 1 year experience in a leadership role in a managed service practice, or business unit.
- 3 years of presales experience in XaaS models, including but not limited to Storage, Data Protection, and Compute as a Service.
- Senior leader with 10 years of Service Delivery Management experience preferably with Managed Services.
- Consulting experience; providing customers with strategic and tactical planning for technology solutions.
- Working knowledge in one or more of focus areas : data center consolidation, migration to and from Cloud, business continuity management, automation, data lifecycle management.
- Understanding of compute technology and compute management practices including server virtualization technologies.
- Knowledge of ITSM, ITL and IT Operational Processes.
- Successful candidates will have excellent analytical/problem solving abilities, leadership and sales skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, presentation, customer, business and negotiation skills.
- Proven able to negotiate and resolve difficult customer issues to a "win/win" outcome.
- Blended delivery experience in on-shore. near-shore and off-shore models.
- Experience implementing ITIL, ITOM, CI/CD and other operational best practices.
- Experience with Multi-Cloud solutioning with both CSP integration and Data Center Infrastructure experience which includes strong emphasis on storage, backup, compute.
- Experience solutioning with Kubernetes Container is nice to have.
- Prior Engagement management and /or sales support experience.
- Up to 50% travel
- Education - Bachelor in a technical discipline
- ITIL Certification is required
- VMWare cert and/or AWS and/or Azure is nice to have
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.