The Application Engineer for IAM is a critical role that supports the Okta platform and the SSO integration process. Without this position, the Okta platform stability may be impacted as we will not have proper support staffing to ensure it is maintained. This could affect all employees in the company, since the Okta SSO platform provides access to over 80 applications in the enterprise. Additionally SSO integrations for new applications will be much more delayed. The team already has a backlog of over 50 application integration requests. -nbsp;
We are looking for a mid-level Identity and Access Management Engineer specifically in OKTA. The individual will be part of a Development team that focuses mainly on SSO integrations and provisioning related tasks and also support production when required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide well-thought out and reliable advice and troubleshooting for application development with Okta.
• Take end-to-end ownership of questions and issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause and issue resolution.
• Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of the problems reported, understand the environment/network and impact on business.
• Write code/script to build user scenarios using Okta API and SDKs, to reproduce issues.
• Help teams understand how Okta works, and the various technical use cases of the platform.
• Collect information and document bugs with Engineering for API and product issues. Provide feedback and documentation so that common or emerging issues can be addressed before they become serious or widespread.
• Craft process or troubleshooting documentation in the support knowledge base.
• Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry standard practices to come up with process improvements and new ways to delight customers.
• Experience with development and supporting Identity Access Management specializing in OKTA
• Experience supporting LDAP, SSO, SAML, OAUTH, OIDC and WS-Federation
• Experience configuring SSO, integrating and supporting cloud applications such as Oﬃce 365, ServiceNow, Salesforce, Workday, etc.
• Experience supporting n-tier web applications.
• Any Okta certifications are added advantage