Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
The Deal Support Analyst role works in a dynamic collaborative environment supporting sales in deal structuring in an internal and external customer-facing role from a Regional sales office. The role is responsible and accountable for providing the financial review and processing for all sales and lease transactions including Professional Services and Maintenance when included in a multi element arrangement consistently working higher dollar value transactions involving more complex arrangements and terms. This includes assisting Sales, Sales Ops, Legal, GSS and CS-S in all finance related aspects including the Finance T-C's when necessary dedicated to an assigned territory consisting of a Region, Country, or District.
The Deal Support Analyst may be partnered with Deal Support Manager to provide guidance and direction in a team setting. The role is responsible for the Order to Revenue positioning of a transaction collaborating with the Sales and Sales Ops personnel on financial deal structuring as needed. In certain engagements and as required, the Deal Support Analyst may support the sales campaign in the Opportunity and Quote phases and engage with the SSC Invoicing teams as part of the Revenue to Cash process. The Deal Support Analyst is accountable for the deal accounting in SFDC and documentation per Company Policy including securing of the proper financial approvals as appropriate. The Deal Support Analyst will adhere to the Company's financial control processes.Responsibilities
- This is a Junior level role, the ideal candidate will have 2-3 years' experience
- Engage with and support Sales, Sales Operations and Commercial Operation teams early and upfront in the sales cycle assisting with financial non-pricing related deal structuring of multi-element arrangements including sale orders, lease orders, Professional Services and Maintenance orders to maximize win probability by offering business finance alternatives on complex arrangements; and optimize the timing of revenue recognition while adhering to Company policies.
- Assist with the review and development of financial T-C's involving those terms that deviate from the Company standards and any terms affecting the timing of revenue recognition, as applicable.
- Participate in the financial non-pricing related aspects of Request For Proposal (RFP) responses as required
- Review and approve all orders and contracts that fall under the role assignment for proper revenue recognition
- Ensure all assigned transactions have proper documented approvals for any nonstandard financial T-C's. Ensure all assigned deals are evaluated for compliance with HDS policies
- Responsible for the final review and submission of the Insight Deal Checklist for all assigned orders and for completion of the Large Deal Summary defined in the Revenue Recognition Corporate OTC policies. This includes providing all supporting documentation to substantiate the Company's revenue recognition position.
- Assist with the structure and review of Enterprise License Agreements (ELA's) including any required Finance T-C's
- Support internal and external financial audits
- Assist with training the Field Sales and Sales Operations personnel on Finance policies and practices
- Demonstrates HDS' core values (Customer Focus, Community, Openness, Ownership and Leadership)
- Support the Managed Cloud Solutions (formerly MSS, MSU, Cloud) initiatives as requested
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Fluent in English (is a must); Spanish (strongly desired)
- 2-5 years' experience
- Experience in US GAAP and IFRS revenue recognition
- Strong background on the Order to Revenue process and information flow
- Demonstrated ability in prioritizing tasks to achieve the goals timely
- Demonstrated ability to partner with sales colleagues to achieve success
- Demonstrated ability to proactively engage others to overcome obstacles and provide alternative solutions
- Ability to work independently, while prioritizing many complex tasks in order to meet deadlines as well as working with a remote team.
- Ability to deal with large amount of information in an organized fashion
- Strong ability to read and interpret complex sales contracts, identify main aspects for revenue recognition, product and services acceptance, potential pitfalls, and proactively address with sales team upfront
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficient use of financial modeling tools and concepts is a plus
- Experience in influencing and communicating with multiple levels of people, both within and outside the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.