Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd, helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costsThe role
The Deal Desk Specialist is focused on helping win new business, in helping delight existing customers and on being the guardian over all sales aspects for our Big Data/Analytics software sales. The position is primarily concerned in working with sales makers to create winning deals from a structure and pricing perspective. The Deal Desk Specialist is also regarded as an expert on all software related deal making - sales processes across the wider Hitachi family in EMEA. Other priorities include ensuring company policies are followed, that all purchased items are deliverable, processing and administration of all customer related orders/contracts and data input into systems is accurate.Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Review, prepare and process sales orders. Ensure orders are in compliance with approved contracts, pricing, and other internal guidelines.
• Create quote/order form as requested from Sales Reps, while maintaining established policy for compliance and set guidance on booking requirements for each request.
• Collaborate with Contracts Team on the creation, review, and processing of quotes/sales orders.
• Collaborate with Revenue Recognition to identify potential issues and obtain guidance/clearances on quotes/sales orders.
• Validate and ensure order information is accurately recorded in Salesforce.com
• Respond to field sales inquiries related to orders and agreements (collectively 50+ emails per day).
• Issuance of product licenses for order fulfillment.
• Collaborates with Accounting on invoicing and other inquires relating to sales orders
• Respond to Customer Support on inquires relating to customer agreements, product license files, etc.
• Updates process documents as procedural changes occur.
• Maintain customer files and records in internal systems.The position interacts with:
• Contracts (legal) team (Contracts Managers - Deputy General Counsel): work closely together ensuring order documents are legally sound
• Sales team (Sales Reps, Regional Sales VPs, EVP Sales): work closely with the team assisting them with their order related inquiries and the creation of quotes/order forms.
• Services team (VP of Services, Professional Services Engagement Manager, Training Coordinator): ensuring services included in a customer order has the statement-of-work (SOW) in place.
• Support team (VP of Customer Success, Director of Technical Support): work together to address customer support related inquires.
• Finance team (Director of Finance and Administration, Controller, Accounts Receivables Specialist): address finance related inquires, i.e. payment terms.
• Product Marketing team (Director of Big Data Product Marketing, Sr. Product Marketing Manager): ensure product related information stated in order document is deliverable.
• Sales Operations team (VP of Sales Operations, Salesforce Administrator, Comp Manager): continuous communication within team to ensure order review process and related data align with company policy and reporting requirements
• Chief Operations Officer: inquiries related to processes and approvals
Level of impact
This position plays a crucial role in the organization as a gate-keeper before release of quotes and/or booking an order in the system, ensuring the sales order is:
• Deliverable, components stated in the order are deliverable, i.e. license files and/or support for features included in the order
• Invoice-able, ensuring the booked order can be invoiced as soon as it is booked
• Book-able, the order is booked in compliance with company policy (Management - legal approvals)
In addition, the position ensures order information entered in Salesforce.com is accurate which in turn enable proper reporting and sales compensation credits.Primary Qualifications
• BS/BA in Business, Finance, Sales - Marketing or related discipline a plus.
• Relevant and recent professional working experience in a high tech/software related deal desk is required.
• Proficient with Excel and Word
• Experience with structuring quotes/sales orders with pricing components.
• Experience with customer agreements and contracts.
• Experience with handling high volume requests
• Experience with using Salesforce.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.