Job ID: 45597
Date Posted: Jul 9, 2020
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi Automotive
Company Name: Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Manufacturing
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Throughout its’ history, Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. has been synonymous with safety, quality, growth, and continuous improvement. Adhering to these core values has enabled us to succeed as a Tier 1 supplier of world-class products to the global automotive market. With five US locations and over 3,500 hard-working employees, we are dedicated to ensuring the expectations of our first-rate automotive customers are consistently exceeded.
Our recent expansion has afforded us a unique opportunity to add two strategic, dynamic, and forward-thinking Production Supervisor in our Propeller Shaft Department at our Monroe, Georgia location to work on B shift (Monday through Friday 2:50 p.m. to 11:10 p.m.). You offer us your determination and work-ethic; we offer you very competitive pay and top-notch health benefits.
The Production Supervisor will supervise employees in a manufacturing environment: plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Chief Duties and/or Responsibilities:
1. Ensures production targets are met by assigning operators’ tasks and working with other departments.
2. Ensures that established policies, rules, regulations and procedures are followed.
3. Conducts all supervisory responsibilities concerning the hiring, training, counseling and discipline, performance appraisal, and assigning/prioritizing all work for subordinates.
4. Ensures effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
5. Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Works to continuously improve in all areas.
6. Manages departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to manager.
7. Plans and manages technical/manpower capacity and consumables.
8. Ensures that teams and team members have the necessary resources and training to accomplish department goals.
9. Conducts individual and team coaching sessions to improve performance. Recognizes team accomplishments.
10. Conducts accident investigations.
11. Manages department priorities.
12. Tracks absenteeism and time-keeping.
Qualified Applicants will possess the following:
Responsible for the direction and supervision of employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This position works in a production/warehouse environment. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).