Job Title: IT Service Desk Specialist
Location: Hyderabad, India
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
The Level 1 Service Desk Technician's role is to provide professional, courteous, and effective technical support and customer service to all internal employees. At a high level, this includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and resolving/escalating end user's requests and issues.
Primary Role Responsibilities:
• Field incoming interactions to the Service Desk via phone, Chat and self-service regarding computer related and mobile device related requests and issues.
• During end user interactions, document all pertinent user information, request/issue details and troubleshooting steps taken in the ticketing tool.
• Using company established rules, prioritize end user's requests and issues.
• Using documented policies and procedures and IT management tools, troubleshoot and resolve the issue/request or escalate to the appropriate group.
• Communicate effectively with end users in all stages of the incident management process; including initial interaction, triage, escalation and status updates as requested.
• Manage individual incident queues in a timely manner to ensure all end user requests and issues are addressed within their appropriate SLA.
• Attend training sessions to learn relevant IT knowledge and company specific applications to provide timely support to our end users.
• Participate in team projects that enhance the effectiveness of the Service Desk.
• Other duties as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Associate's Degree in Computer Science or other related field or 1.5 years equivalent work experience.
• Working knowledge of computer hardware and software.
• Working knowledge of computer operating systems; including Windows 7, Windows 10 and OS X.
• Understanding of Active Directory, Exchange Management Console, SCCM, MobileIron, Citrix XenDesktop and Cisco VPN.
• Understanding of mobile device support; including Android and iOS.
• Interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
• Proven customer service skills.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Effective in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to retain information and training quickly.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Strong documentation skills.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Punctual and reliable.
• 40-hour on-site work week.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.