Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Signaling Functional Design Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Bangalore & Noida, India. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission:
Deliver the functional design of small Signalling projects (in terms of geography,
or number of objects or subsystems or interfaces involved...) in accordance with
industry and company standards. Accountabilities: WITH REFERENCE TO FUNCTIONAL DESIGN FOR MEDIUM COMPLEXITY SIG PROJECT(S)
• Ensure the review of Functional Signalling design requirements allocation
and demonstrate the compliance of design documents by the traceability
• Ensure the delivery of Functional signalling Design (schemes, specification
documents, test reports...) compliant to project requirements, budget and
schedule and to industry standards, company guidelines and processes
• Ensure the delivery of functional design documentation including system
requirements and architecture, interface control, scheme plans, control
tables, block design, and analysis
• Ensure the gap identification between customer requirements and company
• Ensure the identification of development and procurement needs based on
customer requirements and identified gaps
• Ensure the effective implementation of the lessons-learnt database where
the detected design errors, process and tool inefficiencies and the related
corrective actions are duly recorded
• Ensure the execution of the Verification activities on issued documents,
according to the V&V Plan
• Contribute to the configuration and HW/SW design of the Signalling system
by control of the functional design, and produce or control the version
control sheet if applicable
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Education / Qualifications
- Electrical, Electronics & Communication Background
- 5 up to 10 years of professional experience in Railway Signalling
- Knowledge on RCC & SIP Nomenclature and Indian railway operational practise.
- Knowledge on Application Logic Design/Verification.
- Knowledge on interface circuit design/verification.
- Able to understand customer requirement on application Logic and interface circuit.
- Sould be aware various stage of data design/Verification related to application logic and interfcae circuit.
Bachelor's Degree (Electronics & Communication, Electrical & Electronics) /Master's Degree Languages