Job ID: 45590
Date Posted: Jun 30, 2020
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Marketing
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Sr. Marketing Strategy Manager
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: Social Innovation Business (SIB)
Location: Home Office or on-site at our various locations (Tarrytown NY and Santa Clara CA)
Status: Regular, Full-time
Hitachi America’s Social Innovation Business (SIB) is searching for an experienced Marketing professional to work within the Social Innovation team in leading the development of marketing strategies by engaging with the marketing, strategy, and solution teams. This role will be an integral part of the global marketing team to assess and identify new business opportunities for SIB. Our ideal candidate collaborates well with key stakeholders, is an excellent strategic thinker with analytical skills, can manage diverse strategic projects effectively, and solve problems that may arise. In this role, you will work cross-functionally to define marketing strategy for target customer segments, develop differentiated value propositions, and articulate channel and partner engagement strategies that expand Hitachi’s offerings in the market.
· Define key value propositions and messaging strategies to targeted customer segments thorough systematic analysis of key industry and technology trends, general economic and business drivers, market size, customers and key competitors
· Identify key potential partners and prospective customers for new business incubation and Hitachi’s sales efforts by analyzing industry ecosystem, their needs and pain points and opportunities for co-creation
· Define and collaborate with internal stakeholders to build out the solution portfolio, technology strategy, and use cases for new business models
· Benchmark competitive offerings, pricing strategy, channel strategy, and key differentiators as Hitachi
· Design market testing initiatives and lead engagements with external customers and partners for new business model creation and solution go to market (GTM) strategies.
· Conduct interviews and primary customer & partner research and synthesize findings to understand unmet market needs and values.
· Gather key requirements for analysis, set clear objectives of specific analysis, and define key steps to complete analysis by closely engaging key external and internal stakeholders.
· Manage external agencies and internal research teams by setting clear priorities and direction for research projects, overseeing progress, and ensuring timely execution of deliverables.
· Conducts or assists with special ad hoc strategic projects and provide timely responses for information and analysis pertaining to SIB
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field
· 10+ years of business experience in a technology company
· Minimum of 5 years of market strategy and analysis, including insight generation and reporting
· Persuasive written and oral communication skills to create reports and present key findings
· Exceptional ability to manage projects especially in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
· Provide a proactive, creative and analytical approach to challenges
· Strong relationship building, problem solving, and collaboration skills
· Strategic thinker, highly organized and detail-oriented
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities