This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 45612
Date Posted: Jul 15, 2020
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Sales
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Mobility & Transportation SME
Social Innovation Business (SIB)
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Hitachi’s Social Innovation Business provides sophisticated social infrastructure systems utilizing information technology (IT) and operational technology (OT) for the Internet of Things (IoT) era. Designing and building the first US driverless rail transit system, the ultimate electron microscope to develop advanced materials or the ultra-small RFID to support global research on bees—it's all in a day’s work for Hitachi engineers. The SIB is strategically aligned to the Hitachi’s priorities and passionately focused on positioning a distinctive Hitachi brand in the marketplace and driving long-term revenue growth for the SIB business.
The Industry SME role will be a market facing role focused on driving large deals and pursuits alongside the business development managers. Specifically, this role will focus on understanding the marketplace, our customers’ business challenges, and how Hitachi SIB solutions, incubation and co-creation can address those needs. The Industry SME acts as an enabling function to help the sales organization execute our strategies and meet our targets. The Industry SME delivers this result through providing deep understanding of the business challenges and trends within their industry and by providing the creative and innovative application of a broad set of business and technology skills to solve customer challenges.
The Industry SME will be responsible for customer segmentation and targeting within industries, leading critical aspects of the sales cycle, as well as helping to improve overall win rates for our solutions pursuits. Industry SME’s may also provide and participate in conference, shows, and exhibitions to continue to develop business contacts and build brand equity for Hitachi and the Social Innovation group.
· Demonstrates extensive knowledge of, and/or a proven knowledge of industry operations, business management, and mobility industry vision:
· Coordinate, execute, and assist sales pursuits in conjunction with other Hitachi organizations
· Deep SME expertise of industry with the ability to map SIB solutions to business problems through perfect delivery of solution message and value proposition
· Understand and articulate business pain points with executive level audiences.
· Act as a multi-threaded thinker to solve multiple business problems or offer multi-pronged solutions to a problem.
· Development of custom proposals for solutions. Including assessments, pilots, portfolio scale-out and ongoing managed services.
· Identify future deals while giving input into prioritization and strategy of pursuits, manage the sales cycles and answer the tough client questions.
· Maintain a deep knowledge of mobility solutions and their application to business scenarios and represent in all opportunities to present and prospective clients.
· High professional and personal integrity with very high ethical standards and maintain Hitachi Consulting’s standard of excellence and honesty.
· Demonstrated thought leadership and initiative on developing new and innovative solutions to meet market challenges
· Analyze won/lost pursuits in detail to provide the information for the Solutions Enablement team to evolve marketing positioning and messaging.
· Ability to build vision, defines requirements, design practical solutions, develop supporting business cases and implement solutions for clients.
Mobility and transportation specific experience required:
· Direct experience with Transportation solutions for rail, freight rail, cargo, air, trucking and / or shipping experience.
· Experience with API and Telecommunications Architecture
· Basic knowledge of and some experience with some or all the following:
· Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success, in the following areas:
· Proven track record in achieving annual goals and working in a matrixed team environment.
· Knowledgeable about Digital and IoT and technology terminology, techniques, and methodologies.
· Excellent business development skills in business-to-business solutions technology sales with the ability to effectively perform and direct business development tasks to maximize revenues and profits. In-depth knowledge of sales principles and practices.
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across a diverse organization with other industry and solution Directors/VPs, as well as the Service Delivery personnel.
· Proven track record of multi-tasking incubation, multiple customer engagements, business development, client-side delivery, and people management skills.
· Impeccable organization, account planning and time management skills.
· Ability to think strategically and identify opportunities.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with