Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Sales Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Munich - Germany.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission
Ensure the execution of the sales and business development activities in order to achieve the short/medium term targets defined on the assigned area's action plan, and the implementation of the commercial strategy for the assigned customers and the implementation of the company commercial strategy in DACH Region. Accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
- Gather and report relevant market information, in order to optimize the sales activities for the assigned customers like investment, priorities, political environment, competitor profile, required technologies etc.
- Ensure the definition and maintenance of key clients, partners, competitors and the management /scouting of new bids opportunities.
- Ensure the update of opportunities for local markets, market trends, customer needs, industry trade and fairs
- Ensure the continuous update of AIDA data base for all assigned markets / customers
- Contribute to market intelligence by sharing information with Business Development unit to create a comprehensive picture of competitor landscape and client/ market needs.
- Liaise with a wide range of stakeholders and customers profiles
- Launch and lead the bidding team activities from the pre-qualification phase to the bid submittal, customer negotiation and contract signing phases
- Define the bid strategy : strategic goals, relationships with the Client and the Partners, Target price, relevant margin, risk exposure
- Handle the customer relationship at all stages : lobbying, bid proposal, project execution
- The increasing number of opportunities in the DACH region have to be properly supported, securing the correct fulfilment of customer requirements.
- The senior Sales manager should reinforce the local team with the aim to achieve the targets of the region to secure new contracts an entering new markets
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Education / Qualifications
- The Senior sales must be German mother tongue with experience in the sales in the transportation sector
- From 5 up to 10 years of experience working in mass transit industry projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer orientation and results driven.
- Global Mindset and working in an international distributed environment.
University Degree (economics or engineering) or Equivalent Technical Background
Certification in Business Management (Master, MBA, exec MBA) is a plus Languages
English level C1
German level C2
Italian language knowledge is a plus.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or status.