Ignite your career with Hitachi Vantara! We have a proven track record of creating the future for more than 100 years. Thousands of the most mission critical systems in the world's largest enterprises use our solutions today.
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders find and use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society. We combine technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Only Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. At Hitachi we partner with organizations to drive their data to provide meaningful outcomes.-nbsp;
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, let us lead the way to extraordinary!The Role
The Technical Support Specialist provides technical support, advice and assistance to Hitachi Vantara's customers upon their need to address technical, hardware and software system problems. This includes specific products and their integration, as a Solution. The Technical Support Specialist generally deals directly with end users and, as such, must be able to communicate effectively to ensure that requirements as well as answers and advices are well understood by the stakeholders.
The type of problems the Technical Support Specialist deals with varies from simple to complex and may include issues such as end user inabilities to access data, poor performance and/or system inefficiencies. The Technical Support Specialist is part of a team of Customer Service professionals who are responsible for providing Hitachi's customers with excellent experience as part of a fast-paced, worldwide 24x7 support center.Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to Hitachi Vantara customers, partners and field service teams.
- Resolution of technical support issues including hardware/software configuration problems, product failures, and technical inquiries.
- Perform problem and customer situation management, escalate to the necessary next levels of support when appropriate
- Communicating critical case status to customers, partners and Hitachi stakeholders
- Ownership and management of support cases and associated escalations.
- Adhere to and help improve corporate stadandards and processes for delivery to support services.
- Contribute to Hitachi Knowledge by documenting unknown resolutions and updating existing articles with newfound or discovered information.
- Participate in team projects that enhance the effectiveness of Hitachi's customer success.
- Aptitude for providing excellent customer service including clear communications, problem solving and technical writing skills.
- Possess good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple issues simultaneously within a fast paced and changing environment.
- Positive self-starter, able to take lead as well as take direction and, work within a true team environment (locally / globally).
- Aptitude to learn and support new products and systems.
- Ability to work nights, weekends or standby shifts as needed to meet scheduled requirements and standard support operations.
- Skills in two or more of the following areas are highly desired:
- Virtualisation (VMware).
- IP Networking Concepts (TCP/IP, Active Directory).-nbsp;
- Cloud-based Solutions.
- Programming Skills (Phython, REST API).
- Network Attached Storage.-nbsp;
- Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, VMware).-nbsp;
- Enterprise Storage Solutions (Hitachi, EMC, IBM).
- Fibre Channel Solutions (Brocade, Cisco).-nbsp;
- Other software solutions (Veritas, MSCS, Oracle, Exchange).-nbsp;
- 5+ years experience in similar role(s) delivering customer support services.
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to excel in a team oriented atmosphere.
- Strong written/verbal communications skills.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to develop and maintain relationships.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.