This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 45621
Date Posted: Jul 29, 2020
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail Limited
Profession (Job Category): Repair & Maintenance
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
As a global provider of total railway solutions, Hitachi Rail Limited has a growing international presence and product range. We are leading the largest rail modernisation project in UK history and delivering the UK’s next generation of rolling stock. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Hitachi Rail Limited are looking for Driver Refuelling Operatives to join our state of the art Train Maintenance Centre in Doncaster. This is a 12 month fixed term contract working permanent nights.
In your exciting new role you will be responsible for depot driving and servicing of the trains. This will include fuel, toilet, screen wash, Diesel, ad Blu and fresh water. You will also be asked to support the maintenance staff as required with corrective and preventative maintenance, completing KPI checks, basic fault finding and the repair of Hitachi rolling stock assets.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
· Undertake servicing/ replenishment of train arriving from service this will include but is not limited to
o Replenishment of Diesel
o Replenishment of Ad-Blu
o Toilet system servicing
o Replenishment of fresh water for the toilet and galley systems
o Replenishment of the drivers windscreen wash
o Replenishment of sand hoppers fitted to the train
· Record all servicing undertaken and fluids or materials used in the required maintenance management system (MMS).
· Carry out daily checks of service spine equipment and ensure area is tidy/clean
· Reporting of any defects found, notifying the Refuelling Team Leader and recording this in the maintenance management system (MMS). .
· Support the Maintenance staff as required with corrective and preventative maintenance, basic fault finding and repair of Hitachi rolling stock assets.
· Support the continued development of the maintenance management system (MMS). Ensure all servicing requirements are captured and delivered.
· Ensure all fluid and material usage is controlled and recorded and any materials being returned to the stores for repair are correctly labelled and process is followed.
· Comply with the lean principles and best practice as instructed at Doncaster TMC and other out stabled locations as necessary.
· Support the maintenance staff and cleaners to ensuring the contractual agreed number of trains are made available for service.
· Health & safety – Follow the correct working practices at all times. All relative PPE equipment is being used. Ensure road ways/pits are kept clean after work.
· Liaise with Hitachi and external personnel as required to complete the duties of the post.
· Carry out first level of fault rectification on the service spine equipment
· Train presentation checks (KPI) and Damage & Vandalism (D+V) repairs
· Driving of rolling stock allocated to the TMC
· Assist as general depot duties as required
At Hitachi Rail Limited you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, up to 28 days of annual leave and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications is 29th July 2020.