Job description HITACHI RAIL
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Sales Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in San Francisco, CA
. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission:
Ensure the execution of the sales and business development activities in order to achieve the short/medium term targets defined on the assigned area's action plan and to ensure the implementation of the commercial strategy for the assigned customers. Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Gather and report relevant market information, in order to optimize the sales activities for the assigned customers like investment, priorities, political environment, competitor profile, required technologies etc.
- Ensure the update of opportunities for local markets, market trends, customer needs, industry trade and fairs
- Ensure the continuous update of AIDA data base for all assigned markets / customers
- Contribute to market intelligence by sharing information with Business Development unit to create a comprehensive picture of competitor landscape and client/ market needs.
- Liaise with a wide range of stakeholders and customers profiles
- Launch and lead the bidding team activities from the pre-qualification phase to the bid submittal, customer negotiation and contract signing phases
- Define the bid strategy : strategic goals, relationships with the Client and the Partners, Target price, relevant margin, risk exposure
- Handle the customer relationship at all stages : lobbying, bid proposal, project execution
5 years+ of sales experience. Desired Skills/Knowledge:
- Rail sales in Rolling Stock (RS),
- Signalling and ideally maintenance contracts etc.
- PPP and Turnkey contracts
Bachelor degree (Engineering, Business School). Certification in Business Management (Master, MBA, exec MBA) is a plus Languages:
English Proficiency --English Language: Fluent (written & spoken). Italian, French, Spanish or Arabic language is a plus. Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/