Job ID: 45644
Date Posted: Jul 13, 2020
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi Healthcare
Company Name: Hitachi Healthcare Americas Corporation
Profession (Job Category): Information Technology
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
The Software Quality Engineer will serve a central role in the growth of the quality engineering group, work in the areas of Product Testing, including Verification and Validation, meeting QA/RA requirements, reviewing and documenting requested changes, and working on documentation of the VidiStar PACS system.
· Executes test plans and scripts for unit testing, including the writing of test scripts for automated testing
· Draft Test Scripts where needed
· Utilize modern testing methodologies to test and identify defects through verification and validation.
· Review and Verify design change requests during specification and final acceptance activities
· Maintain positive and successful relationships with development, support, and clinical teams
· Participate on/with continuous improvement teams.
· Follow and assist with changes to the software change control process to ensure change traceability in accordance with QA/RA
· Participate in reviews and audits with the QA/RA personnel to ensure VidiStar is compliant with all FDA and HIPAA guidelines
· Create or Evaluate risk assessment documentation for each change within in the overall risk management file
· Document know anomalies for user experience prior to product release where needed
· 2 years experience in a healthcare/software related area is preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
o Usual office working conditions.
o Frequently required to sit; stand; walk; talk; and hear.
o Frequently use fingers to type and do other fine motor tasks.
o Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds; stoop; kneel; or crouch.
o Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
● Must have strong problem solving skills.
● Must have extreme attention to detail.
● Must have ability to provide support on multiple projects and/or complex support issues at the same time.
● Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
● Must be able to work independently in a fast paced, deadline driven environment and multitask within an environment of rapidly changing priorities.
● Self-starter willing to take ownership of projects
● Ability to converse and write fluently in English.
● Must have a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
● Access to a national credit card
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The Essential Functions and Responsibilities outlined represent typical duties required of the job. The Company will make every effort to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.