Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
The main areas of responsibility are:
- Working as part of a Service Development team to design, develop and implement solutions using Intersystems Cache for
- Providing Peer reviews for Development team consultants
- Providing ROM and more specific estimates for work
- Acting as SME, providing training and coaching session for the team, including mentoring for junior developers.
- Reviewing, validating and agreeing estimates provided by the development team consultants
- Deputising in the absence of the Development Manager
- Proactive management of the Development Workstack (including Problems, Changes, RFC's and Releases)
- Analysis of customer requirements and presentation of recommendations, proposals and enhancements moving through to the development lifecycle
- Producing Release Notes for Clients and maintaining required documentation
- Providing occasional second line support, where required due to business need.
- Third line support (prior to supplier) - assisting with complex incidents as required by the Support team
- Attending required meetings, including Change and Problem reviews as required
- Attending - contributing to Customer meetings, working/user groups as maybe required
- Driving CSI and Innovation
- Delivering work to agreed estimates, time, quality and cost in line with the priority as assigned by the Development Manager
- Unit - Peer Testing of Changes plus involvement in other required test cycles, such as system, regression, backwards compatibility and performance testing, including supporting the customer with UAT where required
- End to end Change and Problem management, including problem analysis and administration of related records and documentation.
- PACS Conformance testing and support (remote or on site)
- Specification creation, initiation through to approval/sign off
- Proven experience of Development lifecycle, ideally from initial requirement through to requirements specification (technical and functional), solution design, implementation and rollout.
- Able to clarify requirements with Clients and End Users, ensuring that requirements are clearly documented and signed off
- Hands-on exposure to working and programming in an environment using Intersystems Cache, Cache Object Script, SQL, VB6, maintaining ODBC views, Windows Microsoft Access and/or Crystal reports.
- Database and Application Design
- A demonstrable passion for technology and a wish to improve and innovate
- Familiarity with software development methodologies and processes like Waterfall, Agile and/or SCRUM
- Proven history of Liaison with 3rd Parties and the Customer, including agreeing and documenting End User requirements
- Hands-on experience with PACS HL7 and DICOM, NBSS Daybook, High Risk Programme, Smart Clinics, Whiteboards
- Application Knowledge, including Reports, SMART ClinicsI
- TIL Foundation Certified
- Screening Office Functional Operational knowledge
- Experience of working with service desk tool sets, such Service Now and with a working knowledge of ITIL Delivery methodologies
- Previous experience of working within the Healthcare sector, specifically Breast Screening or other Cancer Screening programme.
- Good communication - presentation skills for interaction with client and senior management. Also, to communicate complex technical solutions to junior members and non-technical business people
- Full life-cycle project experience, ideally from initial opportunity through to requirements specification (technical and functional), solution design, implementation and rollout
- Proven ability of team working and producing results in line with expectations and needs
- Working to Quality Standards such as ISO9001
- Proven ability to drive Service Improvement and Innovation
- Information Security and vulnerability awareness
- GDPR awareness
- Management of risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies including notifying management
- Keeping up to date with technical and industry developments - standards
- Keeping up to date with NHS information - Government standards - principles
- Keeping up to date with updates to the NBS Programme
Whilst Hitachi Vantara is respectful of our employee's work / life balance candidates should be prepared to occasionally travel throughout the UK. Travel will be required for this role in line with business requirements. This role will be based in St Pauls, London.
Hours of work will be in line with Business need and you should be flexible to cover the requirements of the service.