Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.Responsibilities
The main areas of responsibility are:
- Work as an integral part of the Service Team
- Work with the Business team, to help investigate, analyse, capture and review the business needs.
- Understand the structure of the business (both client and end users) and the Service team, how it uses technology and what its goals are
- Understand the needs of multiple stakeholders and facilitate the negotiation of requirements amongst them
- Providing fit for purpose functional specifications and process flows, ensuring that functional specifications are created, analysed, validated and approved. Produce and own Functional Requirements and Business Requirements documents, Including submitted RFCs, Impact assessments and workshop materials.
- Identify future needs and definition of solutions, including facilitation of design sessions with the team and wider technology groups to define the solution.
- Identify current and future state business processes.
- Deliver elements of system design, including data migration rules, business rules, wireframes, process maps, User Stories or other detailed deliverables.
- Act as custodian of business requirements during the delivery and implementation of requirements
- Evaluation of RAID and predict potential problems/challenges, escalation as appropriate
- Where possible/applicable provide ROI
- Holding a key role in communication between the team, internal HV teams, external parties, acting as a 'translator' where necessary to convey how Information technology can support the business needs.
- Reporting (general as may be required by the service)
- Act as SME for functional requirements.
- Drive CSI (Continual Service Improvement) and new business opportunities
- Run, Chair and/or attend required meetings and/or workshops/events
- Contribute to department goals, objectives and team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and assigned by the Service Director or Manager and/or Career Advisor
- Assist in other areas of the Service as may be requested (e.g. Project Support)
- Support the Development and Support team with advice and guidance, as may be required
- Lead / Manage Change (RFC) Management (to-be responsibility c.+9 months into role)
- Excellent organisational, facilitation, planning and problem-solving skills, including proven experience with modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards.
- Ability to drive/lead BA function and processes for Service
- Facilitation of workshops with cross functional business stakeholder groups, and other suppliers
- Experience of managing stakeholders and capturing/completing requirements
- Investigation and scoping of work
- Understanding the underlying business processes required to operate the Service and its sister systems and interfaces (e.g. PACS/BS-S, BSIS)
- Previous experience in similar Business Analyst roles
- Flexible, Adaptable and able to work off own initiative, with the ability to meet deadlines
- Outstanding skills in customer service, relationship building and communication - at all levels
- Excellent communication, telephony - presentation skills for interaction with end users, clients and senior management. Also, able to communicate complex issues to junior members and non-technical business people
- An interest in, and understanding of project management techniques and IT Systems
- GDPR / Data Governance awareness
- Professional Qualification with either Internally institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) or Chartered Institute for IT (BCS)
- ITIL, Project, Change Management Certifications
- Data Modelling
- Prior experience of working with service desk tool sets, such as Service Now and with a working knowledge of ITIL Delivery methodologies
- Commercial Awareness
- Previous experience of working within the Healthcare sector, ideally Breast Screening or other Cancer Screening programme.
- Proven ability of team working and producing results in line with expectations and needs
- Working to Quality Standards such as ISO9001
- Ability to drive Service Improvement and Innovation
- Management of risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies including notifying management
- Keeping up to date with technical and industry developments - standards
- Keeping up to date with NHS information - Government standards - principles
- Keeping up to date with updates to the NBS Programme
- Driving new business opportunities
Whilst Hitachi Vantara is respectful of our employee's work / life balance candidates should be prepared to occasionally travel throughout the UK. Travel will be required for this role in line with business requirements. This role will be based in St Pauls, London.
Hours of work will be in line with Business need and you should be flexible to cover the requirements of Service.